Apple introduced a new feature about two years ago that brought iCloud feature for all your media purchases on iTunes. With this, all movies and TV shows that you purchased using your Apple ID via iTunes store would be available on the cloud.
But what if movies and TV shows that you downloaded/purchased do not show up on your iPhone/iPad? There could be a variety of reasons that this happens.
How to Fix iCloud Movies & TV Shows Not Showing up on iPhone/iPad
Show Video Toggle on iPhone
One of the first things to do is to make sure that your iPhone / iPad is set to show all videos. Videos on your iPhone/iPad are shown by default but what about those you have purchased elsewhere (iTunes, iPad etc.) and are on cloud?
- Open the Settings app on iPhone/iPad
- Scroll down and tap on Videos
- Turn ON the switch for Show All Videos
Check the Videos app to see if your TV Shows and Movies in the iCloud show up.
Sign out / Sign in into iCloud
If turning the switch on does not fix the problem, you might want to try this. You might have to log out of your iCloud account and re-login again. Arguably, this might be a chore but try it on all your devices.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on iCloud
- Tap on the Account ID
- In the new dialog, tap on Sign Out to sign out of your account
- Once you sign out, re-login with your iCloud/Apple ID.
The best way to fix the problem, however, is to actually sync your device via iTunes. It beats the purpose totally because you want to stream or download a video from the cloud to your iPad/iPhone without having to resort to the computer.
But if the methods we discussed above don't work out, your solution is with iTunes.
Once you download a TV show or movie from anywhere using your Apple ID, that record gets stored in your iTunes purchases. It is available in iCloud too so that you can access the movie or TV show from anywhere (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch etc.). But you can download the TV show or movie to your iTunes library too (which also saves it to your computer).
The idea is to download or re-download the shows and movies to iTunes and then sync your iPhone/iPad to iTunes. To do this:
- Open iTunes
- Head over to the iTunes Store
- Click on the Home button and then on the Purchased link from the right
- You might be asked to enter your Apple ID username/password
- Once you are looking at the purchased movies and TV shows, you can download/re-download them. Click on the cloud icon. If that doesn't trigger anything, it means the video is already in the library.
- Now, after the show/movie gets downloaded, sync your iPhone or iPad through iTunes and make sure the sync includes videos from your library.
- You can also do this directly from the Movies library
Is there some other tip that fixed this issue on your iPhone/iPad? Share it in the comments.