Along with developer beta for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS Big Sur, and watchOS 7, Apple also released it for tvOS 14. If you are a developer, you may be thinking of installing tvOS 14.5 beta 7. The process is not as straightforward as other platforms, but it is possible. Follow along to find out how to download tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7.
- tvOS 14 compatible devices
- How to download tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7
- How to install tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7 using restore image
tvOS 14 compatible devices
All models that can run tvOS 13, can be updated to tvOS 14.
- Apple TV HD (4th Generation)
- Apple TV 4K (5th generation)
What do you need?
- The latest version of Xcode and Apple Configurator
- The latest version of macOS
- Connect your Mac and Apple TV to the same WiFi network
Now follow the steps given below to download and install tvOS 14 on your Apple TV.
How to download tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7 on Apple TV HD and 4K
- First off, open Safari on Mac and Visit the Apple Developer download page and enter your developer account username and password. Then, download the tvOS beta configuration profile.
- Now connect your Apple TV to a power source and turn it on
- On your Mac, launch Xcode.
- Select Window → Devices and Simulators in Xcode
- Next, click on Devices.
- It’s time to launch the Settings on your Apple TV
- Select Remotes & Devices and then Remote App and Devices. Here, your Apple TV will look for pairing devices; your Mac should appear there in the list of pairing devices
- On the Xcode on your Mac; you can now choose Apple TV from the left column under Discovered
- You will find an Apple TV connection request.
- A verification code is seen on your Apple TV; enter the code, and click on Connect.
- When Xcode pairs with Apple TV, you can see a network icon next to the Apple TV in the left column
- On your Mac, launch Apple Configurator.
- Users, who are setting up Apple TV for the first time, need to click Prepare; then follow on-screen instructions
- In case you have already set up Apple TV and now adding profiles, you need to click on Add → Profiles.
There is another option to add a profile. Drag a profile from the Finder and drop it on the Apple TV icon.
You have successfully configured tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7. Now you can download and install it just like any other update.
How to install tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7 using restore image
If you own Apple TV 4th generation, you can employ another method to install tvOS 14.5 developer beta 7. Apple has explained this method on its support page, where you need to click on the tvOS tab.
Normal users have to wait until Apple releases its public beta. As happens with earlier software updates, Apple will release a few beta versions before the final release. What are your thoughts on tvOS 14? Let us hear it in the comments section below.