Downloading music from Apple Music to your iPhone for offline playback is a good idea. Once you do that, you can enjoy your favorite music without needing mobile data or Wi-Fi. This saves on expensive cellular data bill and also lets you enjoy music on plane and areas with shady or no internet. So, if you want to know how to download songs on Apple Music for offline listening, let’s check it out!
- How to Automatically Download Music from Apple Music to iPhone
- How to Manually Download Music from Apple Music on iPhone for Offline Use
- How to View Downloaded Apple Music Songs on iPhone
- How to Delete Downloaded Songs from Apple Music on iPhone
How to Automatically Download Music from Apple Music to iPhone
From now on, all music that you add to your library (by tapping on plus icon in Apple Music) will download automatically so that you can play it offline.
If you ever wish to turn off automatic song download from Apple Music on your iPhone, simply follow the above steps and switch off the toggle for Automatic Downloads.
How to Manually Download Music from Apple Music on iPhone for Offline Use
- Open the Music app on your iPhone.
- Select the songs or album you want to download. Tapping on Browse and Search might help.
- To download the entire Album tap on +ADD and then tap on the download icon.
- To download individual songs, tap on plus symbol (+) and then tap on download icon.
How to View Downloaded Apple Music Songs on iPhone
We already have a fine guide on how to view downloaded music on the iPhone and iPad. Here is a quick recap.
Open Apple Music app, tap on Library and then tap on Downloaded Music.
How to Delete Downloaded Songs from Apple Music on iPhone
To delete a song from Apple Music, from Library tap on Downloaded Music → Songs → Touch and hold on song name → Tap Remove → Select Remove Download or Delete from Library.
- Remove Download frees up space, but keeps the song added to your Apple Music Library.
- Delete from Library frees up space, as well as removes the song from your Apple Music Library.
I hope this guide was helpful. I know you are an Apple Music subscriber, but before you go, take a look at our comparison of Spotify vs. Apple Music. You will find it valuable.
You may want to take a peek at:
- Best Apple Music Alternatives
- 2 Ways to Import Spotify Playlists to Apple Music
- How to Watch Music Videos in Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- How to Play Apple Music on Fire TV Devices