Apple TV+ is finally out to compete with the bigwigs of streaming services. While Apple’s offering may look a little light with only a handful of shows and movies (currently only eight TV shows and one movie are available), the service is slowly but steadily going to add plenty of exciting flicks and shows.
Whether you are taking advantage of the one-year free trial or have subscribed ($4.99/month) to the streaming service, you can download your favorite movies and TV shows from Apple TV+ for offline viewing. In the typical Apple fashion, the streaming service offers the highest 4K streaming quality (more on it later).
Do note that downloading Apple TV+ content across iPhone or iPad remains easy going. However, there are certain limitations that you need to keep in mind. With that said, let’s get going!
How to Download Movies and Shows from Apple TV+ on iPhone or iPad
Restrictions on Downloading Apple TV+ Content
- As of now, there is no option to download content from the Apple TV app on Apple TV, smart TVs, streaming devices, and on tv.apple.com. I wish Apple made it possible sooner than later.
- The streaming service allows you to download content only on Wi-Fi (not via mobile data). So, be sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network before giving a try to the steps below.
- Though Apple TV+ doesn’t offer the option to choose download resolution or quality (unlike some of its counterparts like Netflix and Amazon Prime), the service does it automatically based on your device.
Step #1. Launch the TV app on your device. Now, head over to the channel’s page or search for the movie or show that you would like to download.
- Most Apple TV channels, allow users to download content only up to 30 days before they automatically expire. For a few channels, downloads period maybe even shorter.
- Some Apple TV channels also have a restriction on how many titles you can download simultaneously and the number of devices you can download content on.
- If you reach the limit, the Apple TV app notifies you and then you will have to get rid of the previously downloaded TV episodes or movies on one of your (or your family’s) iDevices before being able to download other content from that channel.
Access Downloaded Apple TV+ Shows and Movies
You can easily find all of your downloaded content and watch them even when there is no internet connection. To do so, simply tap on the Library tab and choose Downloaded.
Now, you should see all of your content for offline viewing. The app automatically categories the downloaded movies and TV shows based on the show name and season. Thus, you can comfortably navigate through them. Simply tap on the one you want to watch and you are ready to go!
Delete Apple TV+ Shows and Movies
If you keep downloading your favorite content and don’t wipe them out regularly, they may clutter the app and also eat into plenty of storage. So, don’t forget to eliminate downloaded content once you have watched them all.
Simply head over to the Library section on your Apple TV ➙ Hit Edit option ➙ Choose the Apple TV+ movies or shows that you want to remove and then hit Delete.
According to a test conducted by FlatpanelsHD founder Rasmus Larsen, Apple TV+ provides the highest 4K streaming quality based on averages of the variable bitrate employed by the service. So, even though it may not boast a robust library as yet, it has the quality to beat some of the best in the business like Amazon Prime and Netflix.
You might want to read these posts as well:
- How to Turn ON Smart Downloads in Netflix App on iPhone and iPad
- 13 Best Apple Arcade Games for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
- New Movies on Netflix November 2019: Entertainment Never Ends
- How to Mirror Netflix from iPhone to Your Smart TV
What have you liked most about Apple’s streaming service? Toss up your views in the comments. Also, download our iGB App and stay connected with us through Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram so that you never miss our latest guides, news, reviews, and more.