macOS Big Sur public beta is released, and now you can experience it even if you are not a developer. This update has bought new features like redesigned icons, more system-wide transparency, significant changes in Safari, iOS inspired Control Centre, and much more. So, without further delay, here is how to download macOS Big Sur 11.3 public beta 7.
- List of Macs compatible with macOS Big Sur
- How to download macOS Big Sur 11.3 public beta 7
- How to install macOS Big Sur 11.3 public beta 7
List of Macs compatible with macOS Big Sur
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Air 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro Late 2013 and later
- Mac mini 2014 and later
- iMac 2014 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later (all models)
- Mac Pro 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro and Air (M1, 2020)
To know which model you have, click on the Apple logo → About This Mac.
How to download macOS Big Sur 11.3 public beta 7
- Visit Apple’s Beta Software Program page. Click on Sign in and proceed using your Apple ID.
- On the next screen, select macOS if not already. Now, scroll down and click on enroll your Mac.
- Scroll down and click on Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility. If you see a popup in Safari, click on Allow.
- Open the Downloads folder or the location where the browser usually saves the downloaded files. Double click on macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg
- Double click on the macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.pkg installer. Now, you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- If Mac does not detect a Time Machine backup, it will show a popup. Click OK. Next, click on Continue. If you agree to the software license agreement, Click Continue → Agree.
- Next, click on Install. Enter your Mac’s password and click Install Software. Finally, on the ‘installation was successful’ screen, click on Close → Move to Bin.
- Feedback Assistant might popup. You may close it. The software Update screen of System Preferences will also open. Give it a moment. After that, click on Upgrade Now. In case it does not launch automatically, click on the Apple logo → System Preferences → Software Update.
macOS Big Sur Public Beta will begin to download. The size is around 12.30 GB. Depending on your internet speed, it might take a while.
Please sit back and let it finish. After the download completes, here is how to install it.
How to install macOS Big Sur 11.3 public beta 7
- The installation window will open automatically after the full download completes. Click on Continue.
- Click Agree → Click on Agree again from the popup.
- Click Continue on the screen that shows available disks on your Mac.
- Enter your Mac’s password and click on Add Helper and follow the on-screen instructions.
This is how you can download and install macOS Big Sur 11.3 public beta 7 on your Mac. Once the installation completes, you may have to enter your Apple ID password and review some basic settings. After that, you are good to run and enjoy macOS Big Sur. Take it for a spin!
I hope this step-by-step guide made the process easy for you. Please share your thoughts with us in the comments down below. If you are a developer, you may choose to get macOS Big Sur Developer Beta.