Apple released iPadOS 14 at WWDC 2020. It brings in loads of improvements to Messages, Handwriting, Siri, Widgets, Home app, and more. If you are a developer, you may be excited to get it on your iPad. Here is the full step-by-step guide that shows you how to download iPadOS 14.6 beta 1.
- iPadOS 14 supported devices
- How to download iPadOS 14.6 developer beta 1
- How to install iPadOS 14.6 developer beta 1
iPadOS 14 supported devices
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Before you begin:
- Backup your iPad: It is important to backup and archives your device running iPadOS 13. This will ensure that if you later wish to downgrade from iPadOS 14, you have your files and data
- Use Secondary Device: Developer betas are extremely buggy. If you have an extra iPad, try to install it on that
- Ensure you have got details of your Apple ID developer account ($99 per year) ready.
How to download iPadOS 14.6 developer beta 1
- Open Safari on your iPad and Visit Developer.apple.com
- Scroll down and tap on Download resources. Log in with your developer account credentials.
- Scroll down and tap on Install Profile next to iPadOS 14 beta. You may see a popup that says, ‘This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?’. Tap on Allow. Then tap on Close from the popup.
- Now, open the Settings app and tap on Profile Downloaded. Tap on Install and enter your passcode.
- Follow the process. It involves tapping Install twice.
- Next, your iPad may ask you to Restart. Tap on it so that necessary changes are set in order.
After restarting, the process of downloading and installing iPadOS 14 is just like a regular software update. Let me show you how.
How to Install iPadOS 14.6 developer beta 1
- Open the Settings app → Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- You will see a pending iPadOS 14 beta. Tap on Download and Install.
The process will begin. Wait for the download to complete. Next, let it finish preparing the update. Once you have installed the developer beta for iPadOS 14, the setup is straightforward. You may have to enter the Apple ID password used on this device, and you are ready to explore the new features!
This is how you can download and install iPadOS 14.6 beta 1 using a developer account. I hope this quick guide was helpful.
You may also like to read: