What to know about iPadOS 15 developer beta
- First, download and install the iPadOS 15 beta profile using your Apple developer account.
- After that, download and install iPadOS 15 like any regular iPadOS update. Open Settings → General → Software Update → Download and Install.
iPadOS 15 developer beta is here, bringing impressive features and improvements like refined multitasking, App Library, QuickNote, Swift Playgrounds, and more. If you are a developer, it is natural to get excited about the latest version of iPadOS. To help, here is the complete list of supported iPads and the steps to download and install iPadOS 15. Take a look.
- List of iPads compatible with iPadOS 15
- How to download iPadOS 15 developer beta on iPad
- How to install iPadOS 15 developer beta on iPad
List of iPads compatible with iPadOS 15
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st gen)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (8th gen)
- iPad (7th gen)
- iPad (6th gen)
- iPad (5th gen)
- iPad mini (5th gen)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (4th gen)
- iPad Air (3rd gen)
- iPad Air 2
Before you begin:
- iPadOS developer betas are buggy. To keep your current data safe, make sure to backup your iPad. This may be helpful in unfortunate circumstances.
- It would be best if you install iPadOS 15 on a secondary iPad (if available).
- Keep your Apple developer account ($99/yearly) details like email and password ready. You will need that to download the iPadOS 15 developer beta profile.
How to download iPadOS 15 developer beta on iPad
- Visit developer.apple.com using Safari on your iPad.
- Scroll down and tap Download resources. Log in with your developer account credentials.
- Scroll down and tap Install Profile next to iPadOS 15 beta.
Note: You may see a popup that says, ‘This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?’. Tap Allow.
- After closing any on-screen popups, open the iPad Settings app and tap Profile Downloaded.
- Tap Install and enter your iPad passcode.
- Follow the next steps, which involve tapping Install twice.
- If you see a Restart popup, tap it. Even if you do not see this popup, manually turn off your iPad and turn it back on after a minute.
You have successfully installed iPadOS 15 developer beta profile. Next, the steps to download and install the latest developer version of iPadOS are the same as any regular version.
How to install iPadOS 15 developer beta on iPad
- Open Settings on your iPad and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Once the update file is downloaded, tap Install Now.
- After update installation, enter your iPad passcode and Apple ID password to finish the quick setup process. Enjoy!
This is how you can download iPadOS 15 developer beta on your iPad. Plus, if you cannot download it over-the-air (steps above), you may use Finder on Mac for the same. Take it for a test drive and let us know the exciting finding of this iPadOS in the comments below.
More helpful posts: