iOS 14 has come out of shadow! Being an ultimate beta tester, I’ve downloaded and installed it on my iPhone. This lets me put my hands on all the all-new features that Apple has baked inside. If you are also in the same boat and want to download and install iOS 14.5 developer beta 7 on your device, let me show you how.
- How to download iOS 14.5 developer beta 7 on iPhone
- How to install iOS 14.5 developer beta 7 on iPhone
- How to download and install iOS 14.5 beta 7 on iPhone using Finder
Before you begin:
- First and foremost, be sure your iPhone is compatible with iOS 14
- Ensure that your iOS device is fully backed up via Mac, PC, or iCloud. If you are yet to put everything in the secure position, make sure to check out these helpful tips to ideally prepare your device for iOS beta testing
- Make sure you have an Apple developer account ($99/yearly). Else, you won’t be able to officially download the beta profile.
How to download iOS 14.5 developer beta 7 on iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone and head over to Developer.apple.com
- Tap on the “Download New Betas” tab. Then, log in to your account with your username and password.
- Head over to the iOS 14 beta section and hit Install Profile. A popup may appear on the screen, saying that the website is trying to open Settings to show a configuration profile. Tap on Allow and then Close. Now, the iOS beta software profile will start downloading on your device
- Now head over to the Settings app → Profile Downloaded. Then hit Install and enter your passcode.
- Tap on Install from the top right and then tap on Install again at the bottom.
- Tap on Restart to apply the necessary changes to your device
Once the iOS 14 Beta has been successfully downloaded to your device, installing it would be pretty straightforward. Read on…
How to install iOS 14.5 beta 7 on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on the General → Software Update.
- The iOS 14 beta profile would be waiting for you. Tap on Download and Install. Enter your phone passcode.
Downloading will start, You can see the progress bar on the screen. Grab a hot cup of tea and wait until the process is complete.
How to get started with iOS 14.5 beta 7
After your device has restarted, it will be rocking iOS 14. Now, you are almost set.
- Tap on Continue and then enter your passcode.
- Now, you need to wait for some time to let the iCloud settings update correctly. Finally, hit Get Started.
How to download and install iOS 14.5 beta 7 on iPhone using Finder
Just in case you are unable to download the beta of iOS 14 directly on your iPhone, take the help of Finder. Just ensure that your Mac is running macOS Catalina.
- First things first, download the iOS beta software restore image for your iPhone from the Apple developer page.
- Launch Finder on your Mac and connect your iOS device.
- Select your iPhone from the sidebar
- In the Summary panel, you need to press and hold the Option key and then click the Restore iPhone option.
- After that, choose the iOS beta software restore file and open it
- Now, click Restore to begin the installation
Once the beta has been installed successfully, your iPhone will restart. The device will need an active network connection to finish the activation.
That’s Pretty Much It!
Time to take iOS 14 for a long spin!
Now that iOS 14 is at your disposal see what new things it has to offer. Explore everything that is packed inside. Also, try to dig in a bit to find out some hidden gems. And if you discover anything out of the box, be sure to keep us updated as well.
We are extensively making new how-to’s and fixes for iOS 14, and everything announced at WWDC 2020! Make sure you bookmark our homepage or keep the iGeeksBlog tab open.
You might want to check out these post as well: