Just like most tech companies, Apple also stores certain information about you. The data includes your purchase/service history and your App Store/iTunes interactions. However, your archive doesn’t consist of any identifiable info like your calendar contents and the ones included in your iCloud emails, iTunes content, etc. If you ever feel curious about the data, you can download a copy of everything Apple stores about you.
Keep in mind; if your requests are not practical or endanger the privacy of others, Apple may refuse to process. Besides, you have to first request a copy of the identifiable information by giving a proper reason. You are also asked to verify through additional info. Enough talk; ready to download your Apple archive? Let me walk along with you!
How to Download Apple Archive
A sneak peek at the identifiable information Apple knows about you:
- The apps you have downloaded, a log of whenever you updated your installed apps and the in-app purchases.
- It stores the info about the movies, books and other media you have downloaded.
- The songs you have stored in iTunes Match.
- The devices you have purchased from Apple along with their serial numbers.
- It keeps a log of all of the AppleCare support queries as well as a repair session log of what was damaged.
- The tech giant also stores the serial numbers for both the old and replacement parts.
Step #1. First off, head over to apple.com/legal/privacy/
Step #2. Now, select your language.
In the body of the message, you have to note that you want to request a copy of the personal information. Next up, click Submit.
Step #6. Up next, you will get a reply from Apple’s privacy response team asking for additional information within 24-48 hours.
You will be asked to give your first and last name, Apple ID, email address, street address, telephone number, the serial number of one of your registered products, AppleCare support case number or date and time of the AppleCare support chat and serial number for an Apple product.
- To get the serial number of your iOS device, launch Settings app → tap on General → tap on About.
- To access your AppleCare support case number, go to My Support webpageand sign in using your Apple ID and password or in a confirmation email you received from Apple.
- The date and time of your AppleCare support conversation will be in an email with the full transcript. It’s the one that the company sends to every customer who chats with its support staffs.
Step #5. Apple’s privacy response team will send you a message with the download link. Simply download the ZIP file and open it to view your information.
NOTE: In some cases, you may have to wait up to a week for the file to arrive. Furthermore, you will receive a second email from Apple with a password for opening the linked ZIP archive.
Now, you can check out information about apps and media you have downloaded on your device. Also, find out your App Store/iTunes interactions.
So, that’s how you can put your hands on everything that Apple stores about you. Let us know your feedback in the comments below.
You may want to refer these posts as well:
- Can’t See “None” When Editing Apple ID Payment Information?
- iPhone Keeps Asking For Apple ID Password: How Do I Fix
- How to Change Apple ID from Third-party to Apple Email
- How to Enable Two-factor Authentication for Apple ID