To me, “Dock” is one of the most user-friendly features along with “Drag and Drop” that have arrived in iOS 11 for iPad. The Dock allows you to switch between apps and carry out multitasking with optimum ease. By default, it shows three most recent apps you have used. But what if you want it to show only the apps you have added to it? Turns out, there is a way you can prevent Dock from showing most recently used apps in iOS 11 on iPad.
It becomes a lot easier to find the apps which you frequently use if the Dock pops them up. Personally, I really like this functionality as I don’t have to spend time in looking for the apps that I often use. But at times I want it to show the apps I have added to it. For instance, I don’t use Notes app quite often, but I want it to remain there in the Dock so that I can instantly get on with the note-taking task when needed. That’s when the option to disable Show Recents come handy!
- We have tested this feature on our 10-5-inch iPad Pro running the latest version of iOS 11 and found it in working condition. In case it doesn’t work, try updating your device to the latest version.
- Open Settings app → General → Software Update. If there is any update available, download and install it. (Ensure that your tablet has around 50% battery and connected to Wi-Fi.
How to Prevent Dock from Showing Up Most Recently Used Apps in iOS 11 on iPad
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iPad.
Step #2. Tap on General → Tap on Multitasking & Dock.
Step #3. Finally, turn off the switch next to Show Suggested and Recents Apps.
From now onwards, the Dock won’t show suggested and recent apps. To find out whether it has worked or nor, just swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Dock. Check out, it will have only the apps you have added.
How to Enable Show Recents in Dock in iOS 11 on iPad
Later, if you want the Dock to show the recently used apps, you can easily get back to the normalcy.
Step #1. Open Settings app.
Step #2. Go to General → Tap on Multitasking & Dock.
Step #3. Now, turn on the switch next to Show Suggested and Recents Apps.
Going forward, the Dock will show suggested and show recent apps.
iOS 11 is said to be a monumental leap for iPad. And rightly so; given the power-packed features, it has got. Which is your favorite feature that has specifically arrived for iPad in the latest iOS version? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
You would want to snap a look at these posts as well:
- How to Use Instant Notes in iOS 11 on iPad Pro
- How to Use Instant Markup in iOS 11 on iPhone and iPad
- How to Use Screenshot Markup Tool in iOS 11
- Best 10.5-inch iPad Pro Cases