Once an episode comes to an end, Netflix automatically starts playing the next one based on the sort of contents you like watching. Therefore, you don’t have to manually spend time in finding a hot show. But what if you don’t want the entertainment app to dish out movies without your approval? Not a big deal! You can choose to stop Netflix from playing episodes automatically.
One thing worth noting is that auto-play next is specific to each profile. For example, if you have multiple profiles and you wish to turn off autoplay for all of your Netflix profiles, you will need to head over to each profile to disable the post-play feature. Do note that you can’t disable post-play feature from within the entertainment app as it has to be done from Netflix’s website.
How to Turn Off Auto-Play in Netflix
Note: Post-play feature is available on the following devices:
- Mac/Windows computer
- Apple iPad 2 or later running Netflix app version 8.0.0 or later and streaming over Wi-Fi
- Apple iPhone 4S or later running Netflix app version 8.0.0 or later and streaming over Wi-Fi
- Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later
- Apple TV
- Netflix App for Windows 8
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Most Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes
- Wii U
Step #1. Open a web browser on your device and head over to Netflix.com
Step #2. Now, you need to select the profile for which you wish to disable auto-play next.
Step #3. Next, click on Account
Step #4. Scroll down to the bottom and head over to Playback settings options and click on it.
Step #5. Finally, you need to uncheck the box next to Play next episode automatically. Make sure to click Save to confirm the change.
You will have to repeat the process for each account to turn off the auto-play feature.
Note: If you are unable to access a Kid’s profile account settings, first choose Kid account and then head over to https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount to access individual settings for that profile.
From now onwards, once an episode has ended, next one won’t play automatically. You need to use the remote to manually choose the next show.
If you ever desire to go back to the default option, follow all the steps mentioned above and check the box for Play next episode automatically in the end.
Is there any other feature you don’t like about Netflix? Let us know that in the comments.
- How to Enable Subtitles in Netflix on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or Windows PC
- Netflix’s Hidden Features
- How to Set Parental Controls in Netflix Account
- How to Save Mobile Data for Netflix on iPhone and iPad