As one of the best video conferencing apps out there, Zoom has zoomed up in popularity over the past couple of months. However, if you’re concerned about the privacy issues with the iOS app, you might want to delete your Zoom account.
Bear in mind that simply deleting the app from your iPhone or Mac doesn’t delete your account and your associated personal information. That’s why we’ve put together this handy tutorial to help you out. Let’s get started.
- How to Delete Your Zoom Account
- How to Cancel Your Zoom Subscription
- How to Delete Zoom App on iPhone and iPad
- How to Uninstall Zoom App on Mac
How to Delete Your Zoom Account
Note that paid Zoom subscribers need to cancel their subscription first. If you are a basic member of Zoom, follow the steps.
- First off, open the
- After entering your credentials and click on sign in.
- From the left sidebar under ADMIN section click on Account Management.
- Now, click on Account Profile.
- Here, click on Terminate My Account.
- You will be prompted to terminate your account. Here, you need to click Yes button.
This will permanently delete your Zoom account. Next, you will be taken to the Home page of Zoom. The portal shows a message that your account has been terminated successfully.
How to Cancel Zoom Subscription
As mentioned above, paid subscribers need to cancel their subscription to delete the account. There are two types of paid Zoom accounts: Pro and Add-on Subscription. We will learn to cancel both accounts.
- Next, click on Account Management option.
- Now, click on Billing.
- This will show you Current Plans, Pending Plans, Billing Information, and Invoice History.
- While on Current Plans tab, click on Cancel Subscription.
- You will be prompted to confirm your action. Click on Cancel Subscription tab once again.
Zoom will ask you to give your feedback about its service; after clicking on one of the radio buttons, click on Submit button.
That’s it! You have canceled your Zoom subscription successfully. Note that Zoom may ask you to contact its Sales department to cancel your subscription.
To cancel your Add-On subscription, follow the first three steps as mentioned above. On Current Plans tab, click Cancel Subscription next to the add-on you like to discontinue auto-renewal of. However, you should remember that your Zoom subscription will be active until your billing period is over.
How to Delete Zoom App on your iPhone and iPad
After deleting and canceling your Zoom account, it is time to delete the app on your device. On the home screen of your iOS device, press and hold the Zoom app. When a drop-down list appears with some options, tap on the Delete App option. Finally, confirm your action by tapping on Delete button within a pop-up box.
How to Uninstall Zoom App on your Mac
Zoom is not available on Mac App Store, and therefore, you need to delete the app using Finder.
- Click on the Finder icon in the Dock of your Mac.
- Next, click on Applications from the Sidebar and look for Zoom app in the list of apps.
- Right-click on the Zoom app
- From the menu, click on Move to Bin option.
- Now, open Bin from the Dock.
- Finally, click Empty Bin.
You have deleted the Zoom app from your iOS and Mac devices.
That’s all Zoomers!
You would like to read these posts as well: