Once you set up the Bedtime alarm for the first time, it will permanently show up in the Alarm section of the Clock app. Sure, you can turn it off, but still, it will not go away. The only solution to get rid of it on your iOS device is to Reset All Settings. Let me show you how.
Before You Begin:
- Reset All Settings will not delete any personal data like photos, music, videos, apps, app data, iCloud account
- However, things like Wi-Fi password, Bluetooth devices, VPN configurations, Keyboard dictionary, Home screen layout of apps, Location settings, Privacy settings, Wallpaper settings, Notification settings, Control Center customizations, display settings, Apple Pay cards, etc. will switch back to the default factory settings
- In short, every setting that you have changed according to your preference will be removed or rolled back to the out-of-the-box state.
- UPDATE: The steps below do not bring satisfactory results if you are on iOS 14. Please see this.
How to Delete Bedtime Alarm on iPhone
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset All Settings.
- Enter your device passcode.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
After the process completes, all settings on your iPhone or iPad are similar to a new device. Open the Alarm section inside the clock app. You will no longer see the Bedtime section on top.
About Deleting Bedtime Alarm in iOS 14
In iOS 14, if you follow the above steps and reset all settings, Sleep Schedule will be disabled. But inside the Clock app → Alarm, you will still see that the top portion of the screen is occupied by a tiny bar that asks you to SET UP the Sleep Schedule. When you tap on it, you will be taken to the Health app to configure it again (see the images below). Thus, we can conclude that this isn’t as effective as it was in iOS 13.
That’s all, mate!
I hope this short quick guide helped you fix your Bedtime Alarm woes. Since Apple’s default offering is troubling for you, why don’t you take a moment to look at our list of the best sleep tracking apps for iPhone and Apple Watch!