Ever since iOS 7 came out with its flashy new Control Center, there was one question: can we customize the toggles? The Control Center appears to be a direct lift from tweaks like SBSettings and NCSettings. So it was only natural to expect some sort of a customization.
But Apple, you know, limits things. So, no, you can’t customize the toggles in Control Center. Until now, that is. With tweaks like Ryan Petrich’s FlipControlCenter, you can actually customize the toggles very easily.
At the moment of writing this, FlipControlCenter is in beta and can be download/install from Ryan’s private repo. And the tweak is the best one so far in terms of function.
Here’s how to get it and use it.
If you haven’t added Ryan’s private repo yet, let’s do that first:
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Manage → Sources
- Tap on “Edit” from the top
- Now, tap on “Add“
- Enter this URL: rpetri.ch/repo/
- Tap on Add Source
- Let Cydia reboot and refresh the packages.
Now, let’s install the tweak.
- Open Cydia → Search
- Type “FlipControlCenter” (Alternatively, you can go to Cydia → Manage → Sources → open Ryan Petrich’s repo and tap on FlipControlCenter)
- Install the tweak and respring.
Once installed, you can control the tweak from the Settings app. If you don’t find the tweak settings, make sure you re-install PreferenceLoader (or reinstall Mobile Substrate and Substrate Safe Mode simultaneously) and try again.
Features of FlipControlCenter Cydia Tweak
The tweak brings three important features/additions to the Control Center toggles:
- You can swipe on the toggles to see more toggles.
- You can select how many toggles are visible in one batch (1, 2, 3 etc.)
- You can also select the order.
Although we haven’t tried it, there’s also another tweak called CCToggles (along with CCSettings) which enables a similar functionality. However, Ryan’s tweak is better as it incorporates everything into a single tweak as opposed to CCToggles which comes with an add-on tweak to enable more toggles.
Also check out CCControls Tweak – which has more customization options than FlipControlCent