There are several reasons why macOS Sierra is widely believed to be the biggest ever macOS update. The much-awaited features like auto-unlock, Siri, Picture-in-Picture and Apple Pay have hugely enhanced the versatility of macOS like never before.
If you wish to perform a clean install of macOS Sierra, then it's better to create macOS Sierra USB install disk. It will be very handy not just for macOS Sierra Developer Preview but also for the public beta as well as future releases.
Must Check Out:
- Make sure you have USB flash drive.
- The USB drive must be of at least 8GB.
- USB 3.0 drive should be a preferred choice.
- Make sure to remove all the contents from the disk as the tutorial will get rid of everything.
- macOS Sierra USB install disk will let you reinstall the macOS Sierra beta on a freshly wiped Mac.
- In order to go ahead with the process, you will have to download and install macOS Sierra from the Mac App Store. Make sure to first redeem a download code via Apple developer's website as the latest macOS is in developer beta.
How to Create macOS Sierra USB Install Drive
Step #1. After you have successfully installed macOS Sierra, use Command (⌘)+Q to close the install popup. Then, you need to open Finder.
Step #2. Next up, click on Applications. Then you will have to right-click on Install 10.12 Developer Preview and select Show Package Contents.
Step #3. Now, you need to open Contents and click on Resources.
Step #4. Up next, you will have to open a Terminal window (Go to Applications → Utilities → Terminal.)
Step #5. Next, you have to type sudo followed by a space.
Step #6. Now, you will need to drag the createinstallmedia file from the Finder window to the Terminal window. Then, type –volume followed by a space.
Step #7. Up next, you have to connect your USB drive and drag the USB drive into the Terminal window. Then, you need to type –applicationpath in the Terminal followed by a space.
Step #8. Next, you will have to open Finder. Click on Applications and then drag the Install 10.12 Developer Preview into the Terminal window.
Step #9. Now, press Return on the Keyboard in order to submit the full command. Then, type a “Y” to continue when asked, and press Return on your keyboard.
That's all! The installation process has begun. It would take around 30 minutes to get completed.