Do you often feel the need to convert units, time zones, and currencies? iOS 16 has powerful tools that make real-time conversions across native apps a breeze. Interestingly, iPhone lets you do the math even without an internet connection. So, without further ado, let me demonstrate how you can convert units, time zones, and currency on iPhone running iOS 16.
- Importance of using in-built conversion tools on iPhone
- What built-in conversions are supported in iOS 16?
- How to convert units and currencies on in iOS 16 on iPhone
- Alternate methods available for conversion of units on iPhone
Importance of using built-in conversion options on iPhone
With rapidly-increasing economies and expanding globalization, it is becoming a necessity to manage different types of units, time zones, and currencies. iPhones provide an easy and efficient way to stay on top of these changes.
- For instance, if a user is traveling abroad, they may need to convert certain units varied by different situations.
- By being able to convert currency easily, you can quickly determine the exact amount you have to pay in your local currency.
- Similarly, if you are dealing with different time zones, you can use your iPhones to adjust the times accordingly.
- Additionally, by being able to convert units, such as distance or weight, a user can quickly determine how much of a particular item they need to buy or how far away a certain destination is.
By having a gist of these methods, users can better understand the situations they are dealing with and make faster, more informed decisions.
What built-in conversions are supported in iOS 16?
- Currency: Easily convert from one currency to another with up-to-date exchange rates.
- Distance: Convert distances between various units such as kilometers, miles, yards, and feet.
- Temperature: Convert temperatures between Celsius and Fahrenheit by simply selecting the preferred unit.
- Time Zones: Automatically identify the time zone for different locations.
- Volume: Quickly convert from one unit of measurement to another, such as milliliters and liters, cups and quarts, and many more.
- Weight: Get an accurate conversion from pounds to kilograms, grams to ounces, and much more.
These built-in features provide quick and easy conversion abilities that can be accessed with just a few taps on your iPhone.
How to convert units and currencies on in iOS 16 on iPhone
As you’ve seen above, there are a ton of conversion techniques pre-installed on your iPhone. Furthermore, using these is a lot easier than you think.
Let’s have a look at all methods with a practical application of the same. Remember that the steps for every type of conversion are the same.
Using a camera to convert currencies
The Camera app is part of our day-to-day lives. But little did you know, you can use the same to rectify unknown or unfamiliar units in a single click. Here’s an example.
- Suppose you’re surfing a website on your Mac or iPad, looking for the best AirTag wallet to buy on Amazon.
- Launch the Camera app.
- Scan the screen and wait for the text-detect box to appear on your iPhone.
- Tap the scan feature from the bottom-right corner to activate it. A context menu will pop up.
- In this instance, the app should automatically detect the conversion region.
If not, select the section with the data you’re trying to comprehend.
- Tap the unit, and it’ll get automatically converted.
You’re now enabled to configure the unit without any hesitation. I have described the process for converting currencies using iPhone’s camera app, but it works the same for any type of unit conversion.
Use iMessage to convert units
In case you’ve received a text from a friend where you are not able to understand a unit, simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to the particular conversation.
- The unit is most likely to be automatically underlined.
- Tap the value and see the magic.
- Now, you can identify the value in the unit familiar to you.
I have demonstrated the process with respect to the weight unit, but it works effectively for other variables as well.
Highlighting the text to be converted
While using your iPhone, if you come across any text that needs converting, do the following:
- Surf the web or open any document like you usually do.
- If you encounter a unit needing conversion, simply press and hold the same until it’s selected.
On certain apps, doing so might complete the conversion. If it doesn’t, continue with the following steps.
- Now, tap the arrowhead to slide through the pop-up.
- You’ll be prompted with the converted value of the same.
- Sometimes, you might have to tap the arrowhead twice to get the result.
By using these simple methods, you can easily convert units, time zones, and currency on your iPhone and get the result quickly and easily. Whether you need to switch between currencies or convert miles to kilometers quickly, you can do it all with just a few taps.
Alternate methods available for conversion of units on iPhone
The iPhone’s built-in unit conversion tools are nothing short of pure delight, but if you don’t manage to use them effectively, there are a few workarounds.
Enabling Siri on iPhone
Siri is the go-to solution for any problem that comes your way. The same applies to any conversion query you might have.
- Activate Siri in a few simple steps if you’re using it for the first time.
- Simply summon Siri and ask it to convert any value you’re concerned with.
- For example, “Convert 250 lbs into kgs.”
- You’ll be prompted with an immediate conversion result of the same.
Alternatively, you can use Spotlight on your iPhone to get around doubts related to any units you’re not familiar with. Move ahead by following the steps described below:
- Navigate to the Home Page of your screen.
- Invoke Spotlight.
If you have a search bar for Spotlight on the Home Screen, tap the Search icon.
- Enter the unit and data you seek to convert.
- You’ll get an instant result on top of the screen.
It doesn’t end here. There are a series of highly customizable third-party apps available for iPhone that can help you get your way around in a few clicks. Have a peek through the best unit converter apps for iPhone.
No matter what type of conversion you’re trying to perform, there’s an easy and efficient way to do it on your iPhone.
Yes, the iPhone’s unit converter can handle various units, including some that may not be commonly used.
Yes, you can customize the units and currencies that are listed in the iPhone’s converter by going to Settings → General → Language & Region and then selecting the appropriate options.
In conclusion, the iPhone’s built-in conversion tools make it easy to convert various units of measurement, time zones, and currencies. Also, since you’ve come this far in your attempt to understand how to convert unit values on your iPhone, I am sure you’ll find the best method for the same. Try out every method outlined above to discover what suits you the best.
Thank you for reading, and don’t hesitate to drop your concerns below.
- Document scanner apps for iPhone and iPad
- Best translation apps for iPhone and iPad
- Best travel apps for iPhone and iPad
Yash is a driven individual with a passion for technology and its impact on our world. His aim is to educate and inform others about the newest advancements in technology and how they can benefit society. In consonance, he is deeply indulged in anime and Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not writing.