Apple TV is your one-stop destination for streaming entertainment. It supports several apps
and also has a dark mode
. You can connect your iOS devices with Apple TV and enjoy watching content using AirPlay
. Moreover, you can even control Apple TV with your Apple Watch. Pretty convenient, right? Let’s check it out!
How to Pair Apple Watch with Apple TV
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch and connect to the WiFi network that your Apple TV is on.
- Now, open the Remote App on your watch.
- Tap Apple TV. If you don’t see it listed, select Add Device.
- On the Apple TV, go to Settings → Remotes and Devices → Remote App and Devices, then select Apple Watch.
- Enter the passcode displayed on your Apple Watch.
Once you see the pairing icon next to Apple Watch, it’s all set to control the Apple TV.
How to Control Apple TV Using Apple Watch
- First, your Apple TV needs to be awake. To wake it, just press any button on its remote. A small light on the front of the device should glow and your screen will show whatever was last displayed.
- Open the Remote app on your Apple Watch and choose Apple TV.
- Swipe up, down, left, or right to move through the Apple TV menu options.
- Tap to choose a particular item.
- Now, Tap the Play/Pause button to pause or resume playback.
- Tap the Menu button to go back, or tap and hold it to return to the main menu.
How to Unpair Apple Watch and Apple TV
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings → Remotes and Devices → Remote App and Devices.
- Tap your Apple Watch and then tap Unpair Device.
- To remove your Apple TV from your Apple Watch, open the Remote app on your Apple Watch. When you see the “lost connection” message, tap on Remove.
Now, to use your Apple Watch with your Apple TV again, you will have to repeat the pairing process. That’s all! Let us know in the comments below if you’re looking for any more Apple Watch tutorials.