If you don’t clear Safari history and website data on your iPhone or iPad from time to time, it might clutter the web browser. Luckily, deleting the Safari history is pretty upfront. Hence, you won’t have to spare much time to get rid of the unwanted cache. Wish to find out how the cleanup process works? Let me walk you through the steps!
How to Remove Safari History and Website Data on iPhone and iPad
Keep In Mind:
- All the history of your past browsing sessions will be cleared off if you remove History and Website Data.
- You would also be logged out of the sites you are currently logged in through Safari.
Step #1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step #2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
Step #3. Tap on Clear History and Website Data.
Step #4. Confirm it by tapping on Clear History and Website Data from the bottom.
iOS allows you to remove only website data. If you don’t want to go for the complete cleanup, this is the way to go. Keep reading…
How to Remove Only Website Data on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your device → Scroll down and tap on Safari.
Step #2. Scroll down again and tap on Advanced.
Step #3. Up next, tap on Website Data.
Step #4. Now, you have two options:
- If you want to clean up the entire Website Data, you can do so by tapping on Remove All Website Data → tap Remove Now to confirm.
- If you want to remove individual website data, simply swipe left on any website name → tap on Delete. Alternately, tap on Edit from the top right corner → tap on the red button next to a website data you want to remove → tap on Delete → tap on Done at the top right corner to confirm.
What if you want to clean up only your history, and not your website data? No problem! There is a way to get it done as well.
How to Clear the Only History in Safari on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch Safari on your iPhone → Tap on Bookmark icon from the bottom → Now, tap on the history tab at the top.
Step #2. You should see the name of the websites you have visited.Now, you have primarily two options:
If you want to delete individual history, swipe left from right on the name of the history, which you want to remove, and then tap on Delete.
If you wish to clear entire history at once, then tap on Clear at the bottom right corner. Next, you have four options:
- The Last Hour: To clean up all the history of the last hour.
- Today: To clean all the history of today
- Today & Yesterday: To remove all the history of today and yesterday.
- All Time: To delete the entire history at once.
You can select any of them depending on your requirement.
That’s pretty much it!
Over to you
So, now you know how to keep Safari uncluttered on your iOS device. Share your thoughts down below in the comments.
You might want to refer these posts as well: