With watchOS 3, Apple Watch has become not just seven times faster but also more elegant than ever before. With the redesigned UI and several user-friendly features like iOS-style Control Center, the latest watchOS is quite impressive, isn’t it?
As an Apple Watch user, what I always used to find a bit inconvenient was to change Watch face due to the tiny size of the screen. Fortunately, Apple has solved it by allowing you to set up a new Watch face with utmost ease right from your paired iPhone.
Looking to set a cool Watch face on your wearable device? Here you go!
Before moving ahead, please consider following points.
- watchOS 3 is currently available as developer beta.
- You can install the newest watchOS on your smartwatch if you have a developer account. (Luckily, there is an option to install the latest watchOS even without developer beta.)
- Your paired iPhone must be running iOS 10, which is currently available as developer beta.
- You can install the iOS 10 beta on your iPhone if you have a developer account. (Click on this link to install iOS 10 beta without developer account.)
- As watchOS 3 and iOS 10 are still in beta versions, you will face issues like battery drain, app crashing on your device. Hence, you must keep these downsides in mind before going ahead.
ALSO READ: How to Manage Watch Faces in watchOS 3
How to Change Apple Watch Face in watchOS 3
Step #1. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
Step #2. By default, My Watch tab is selected. The watch faces which have already been added are listed under My Faces. You can scroll through the list to find the right one.
Step #3. Once you have selected the watch face you want to set as your new watch face, tap on it.
Step #4. On the next screen, you will have the option to customize it. You can add complications as desired. As for instance, you will be able to display the date on the bottom, if it is set on top by default and you can also customize the colors as well.
Step #5. Tap on Set as current Watch Face.
The process of setting a new watch face on Apple Watch is same as before. (Tap and hold on the display of Apple Watch, then swipe left or right to see more options, tap on the one you like, customize it and set it up.)