An Apple ID is the backbone of any iDevice. From the most basic things to the most advanced things, Apple ID plays an important role before any of your task gets completed. As a matter of fact, some users need to have different Apple IDs in order to accomplish different tasks.
For example, different Apple IDs for App Store in order to be able to download content from numerous countries. Or, you might need to change your Apple ID while handing over your iPhone or iPad to someone else. Whatever reason you’re changing the Apple ID for, we have two methods to go through. Find them below!
How to Change Apple ID on iPhone and iPad in iOS 8
This is the most basic way of changing Apple ID on a device running iOS. In this method we are simply going to logout and log in again with another Apple ID. Here are the steps involved.
- Tap on the Settings app, Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- At the top of the store screen is your Apple ID (email@example.com), tap on it.
- At the Apple ID management pop-up window, tap on Sign Out.
- You’ve logged out and now you can log in with another ID.
- Log in with another existing Apple ID.
Once you create a new Apple ID, you’ll automatically be logged in using that very ID. However, if you maintain multiple IDs and constantly find yourself switching between them, we have an additional way to make it more convenient.
Watch out this video to know how to change Apple ID on iOS 8:
How to Change Apple ID in App Store with IDBox Cydia Tweak
If you have jailbroken your iOS device, it’s quite easy to switch between Apple IDs in App Store with a Cydia tweak called IDBox. This tweak makes switching Apple IDs a matter of only a few taps. Here’s how to use the tweak:
- Install the IDBox
- Open the App Store to tap on a new button called ID Box (located at bottom).
- Click on it and you’ll be shown a list of all your IDs (includes all IDs that have been used on your device).
- The list shows associate country too, so just tap on an account and your Apple ID will be changed.
As easy as that! The tweak is available from BigBoss repo in Cydia for free, however there’s a drawback with it. To be able to use the tweak, you’ll be required to purchase a license worth $1.49 which can be used on up to 3 iOS devices.
Before you change the Apple ID associated with your device, keep in mind that changing Apple ID all of a certain can cause unexpected issues. We’re looking forward to hear your experience. Shout off in the comments!