Gifts are fun, but that’s mostly for people who ‘get’ them. Buying a gift is easy when you know what to buy as gifts but what if you are in a fix? With recent technological marvel, people are becoming gadget-savvy and relying more on gadget things these days. Music, apps, books, movies: all these are available on the digital platter, and you can actually turn them into gifts!
This is precisely where iTunes Gift Cards come into the picture. iTunes Gift certificates (or redeem codes as they’re popularly known) are definitely a great gifting idea. Not many people agree but consider these situations:
- Your friend/cousin/nephew is an iPhone/iPad/iPod power-user and loves playing around with and experimenting a lot of apps.
- Your spouse is tech-savvy and would love to download a few of his favorite apps which are otherwise a bit costly.
- Your kid loves those pricey games from the App Store.
- Your little niece adores the music on iTunes and would want to download a bunch of her favorite tracks.
The list goes on. And that’s precisely why I feel iTunes Gift Certificates make for a great gift idea.
There are many ways you can gift them these.
- You can purchase a physical iTunes gift card from many retail stores around the country.
- You can email a gift certificate.
- You can buy a printable iTunes gift card.
- You can ship from the Apple Online Store (directly to your recipient!)
The last one is the easiest. You click a few buttons, type in a message and cha-ching! The iTunes Gift Card will be shipped to your friend with a personal message.
How to Create an iTunes Gift Code/How to Buy One
Step #1. Open this App Store link in your browser.
Step #2. There are three values you can choose from: $25, $50, $100, etc.
Step #4. Now, compose a gift message to be sent along with the card.
Step #5. Add another card if necessary.
Step #6. Check out and give the correct shipping address. The card will be shipped shortly.
Note: The card can be redeemed only by an iOS device user with an Apple ID.