I hope you’re not adding holidays to your calendar manually. With so many calendar feeds available, you can follow a simple setup to populate your calendar with the holidays right on your iPhone or iPad.
This is a short tutorial on how you can add holidays (US Calendar) to your calendar on iPhone (works on iPad pretty much the same way). Over the web, there are several other calendars available too and all you need is an “.ics” format
For a bunch of popular holidays across the globe (country-wise) you can go to http://www.icalworld.com/holidays.html
Here is How to Add US Holiday to iPhone or iPad Calendar in iOS 7:
Step 1: Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
That’s it! You’ve added US Holidays to your calendar.
You can verify this:
- Open your calendar
- Tap on ‘Calendars’ from the top-right
- Under Subscribed, you should see the recently added calendar (US Holidays)
You can now change the color of the listings under US Holidays or if you don’t want them to be shown, deselect the listing. Interestingly, you can add more holiday (or other custom) calendars in the same way as long as you add a valid “.ics” source for the calendar.
Below is a video tutorial that walks you through the same process:
If you want to delete the calendar (that would not be exactly necessary as you can uncheck it to keep from showing on your calendar), here’s how you do it:
- Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts & Calendars
- Tap on the Subscribed Calendars listing
- Tap on the calendar you want to delete
- You’ll see a large big ‘Delete Account’ button. Tap and the calendar’s gone!