During navigation, most of us listen to music to either prevent fatigue from taking away the best moments or stay in the high-spirit. Recently, Google Maps introduced built-in music control to allow users to stream music from supported apps. And I guess, this new add-on could be a treat for many.
Being very fond of music, I’ve already added Apple Music to Google Maps on my iPhone. What about you? If you haven’t yet put your hands on this feature, let me help you get started!
How to Use Apple Music or Spotify While Using Google Maps on iPhone
- Before you begin, ensure that you have the latest version of Google Maps. If you are not running the updated version of the app, open App Store → Updates → find the app and then hit Update.
- On iOS, you can currently add music controls for only Apple Music and Spotify. I hope, the app adds support for more popular music-streaming services in the future.
Step #1. Open Google Maps on your iOS device.
Step #2. Now, tap on the menu button at the top left corner.
Step #3. Next, tap on the settings icon at the top right.
Step #4. Tap on Navigation.
Step #5. Next up, tap on Music playback controls.
Step #6. Up next, select Apple Music. Now, tap on OK in the popup to allow the app to access your Apple Music, video, music, and your media library.
Note: Just in case, you want to go with Spotify, ensure that it’s tick-marked. Then, allow the app to access your media library.
That’s done! Going forward, you should see playback controls at the bottom of the app during navigation.
Besides, you can view your song title, album art, and also be able to dive straight into the app. Take advantage of them to stream Apple Music right from Google Maps while you are on the drive.
Later, if you happen to change your mind or find the playback controls a bit distracting, simply go back to the same setting and choose None in the end.
One thing worth noting is that you must pay full attention to your surroundings while driving. I recommend you to take the help of music only to remain fresh and focused. So, do not let it distract you.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
- How to Listen to Apple Music in Any Web Browser
- How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription
- Best iOS 12 Apple Music Siri Shortcuts: Liven Up Your Music Time
- Apple Music Tips for the Folks Who Love to Belt Out
What’s your take on this feature and would you like to use it on the drive? Share your feedback with us. Be sure to download iGB app and remain in sync with us via Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter so that our latest articles will be just a glance away from you.