Last year with iPhone X Apple bid adieu to the iconic Home button, iPhone users will now have to learn to live without it. Apart from being used as a Touch ID button, it was also used to trigger Siri. As it no longer exists, how will you activate Siri on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, or iPhone XR?
Bringing Siri into action on X series iPhones is made to be as straightforward as ever before. Literally, the action is the same; it’s just the role that’s been assigned to another important button!
How to Invoke Siri on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, or iPhone XR
There are a couple of ways you can activate Siri on your X series iPhone.
Activate Siri on iPhone Using Your Voice
- To activate Siri using your voice, make sure you have set up Hey Siri on your device. If you haven’t done it, open Settings →Siri & Search → Listen for Siri and set it up.
- Once you have enabled it, just say, “Hey Siri” to bring up the virtual assistant.
Activate Siri Using Side Button
- To activate Siri manually on your iPhone X series, simply press and hold the side button for two or three seconds.
- To exit Siri, just swipe up from the bottom of the display or just press the side button to go to the home screen.
By moving the virtual assistant to the ON/OFF button, Apple has made the side button more functional and busier. Apart from triggering the personal assistant, the power button is also used to let you sleep/wake your device, call emergency services and even temporarily disable Touch ID. What’s your take on this new change? Feel free to let your views come across.
You may want to catch up with these posts as well:
- How to Setup and Use Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, or iPhone XR
- How to Disable Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, or iPhone XR
- How to Reboot iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, or iPhone XR