The latest public beta version of iPadOS 14 is finally here. You can use your regular Apple ID and install iPadOS 14 public beta 2 on your device. Once you do that, your iPad will have the new Scribble feature, fresh widgets, compact Siri, banner call notifications, and various other changes that Apple introduced this year. So, without further ado, let me guide you through the steps.
- List of iPad Models That Support iPadOS 14 Public Beta
- Backup Your iPad First
- How to Download iPadOS 14 Public Beta 2 on iPad
- How to Install iPadOS 14 Public Beta 2 on iPad
List of iPad Models That Support iPadOS 14 Public Beta
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Don’t know which iPad you have? See how to identify it.
Backup Your iPad First
It is strongly recommended that before downloading the public beta for iPadOS 14, you make a backup of the device and archive it. This will ensure that you do not lose most of your data if something does not go as intended, or you wish to downgrade back to iPadOS 13 in the near future. Follow our straightforward guide and learn how to backup your iPad.
How to Download iPadOS 14 Public Beta 2 on iPad
- Open Safari on your iPad and visit beta.apple.com (Do not use any other browser.)
- Tap on Sign in> and use your Apple ID to log in.
- Make sure you are in the iPadOS tab. Next, scroll down and tap on enroll your iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Download profile. From the popup, tap on Allow, then tap on Close.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad and tap on Profile Downloaded.
- Tap on Install and enter your iPad passcode.
- If you agree to the message from Apple Inc, tap on Install again. From the small popup, tap Install once more. Finally, tap Done.
If you see a popup asking you to Restart, tap on that. If you don’t see it, you may proceed with the installation.
How to Install iPadOS 14 Public Beta 2 on iPad
- Once the profile is downloaded and installed, open the Settings app, and tap on General.
- Next, tap on Software Update.
- Give it a minute or so. You will see Download and Install. Tap on it.
- Depending on your internet speed, the download time may vary. Once it completes, the update will take some time to prepare and install. The process is similar to any other iPad software update.
That’s it, folks!
These were the simple steps to get the latest iPadOS 14 Public Beta 2. Give it a spin, and you would find exciting changes. Or, you can read some of the helpful guides we have covered for iPadOS 14, like: