Apple has finally released the iOS 15 public beta 2. It brings exciting new features like the redesigned Safari app, Live Text in photos, offline Siri, Digital Legacy program, enhanced 5G connectivity, tags in the Notes app, built-in two-factor authenticator, and much more. If you are excited to take this latest iOS version a spin, let me guide you step-by-step. But first, a few essentials.
- List of devices that support iOS 15 public beta
- Backup your iPhone
- How to download iOS 15 public beta 2 on iPhone
- How to install iOS 15 public beta 2 on iPhone
List of devices that support iOS 15 public beta
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
Backup your iPhone
You must make a backup of your device and archive it before updating it to iOS 15 beta. This way, if something goes wrong or you later wish to downgrade to iOS 14, you can get back most of your data. Check our step-by-step guide to learn how to backup your iPhone to Mac, PC, (or iCloud).
How to download iOS 15 public beta 2 on iPhone
- Launch Safari and go to beta.apple.com
- Tap Sign in > and enter your Apple ID credentials to log in.
Note: If you’re a beta tester, directly enroll your iOS device.
- Tap Accept (if you do).
- Scroll down the iOS tab, and tap enroll your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap Download profile.
Tap Allow → Close to confirm the download.
- Open Settings and tap Profile Downloaded.
- Tap Install at the top right. Now, enter your device passcode.
- Tap Install twice.
- Finally, tap Done. If there’s a popup to Restart, hit it.
Next, install the update.
How to install iOS 15 public beta 2 on iPhone
- Launch Settings and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- When the update shows up, click Download and Install.
- Now, enter your device passcode, and the iOS 15 public beta will start downloading.
Once downloaded, it will take a few minutes to prepare the update and some minutes to install.
This is how you can install the iOS 15 public beta 2 on your iPhone. The iOS 15 update is power-packed with new visual changes and innovative improvements! So till the update downloads, check out all the exciting new iOS 15 features.