Apple has released the 7 public beta for iOS 14.5. It brings exciting new features like the Translate app, App Library, Back Tap, compact call notification, and much more. If you are excited to give this latest version of iOS a spin, let me guide you step-by-step. But first, a few essentials.
- List of devices that support iOS 14 public beta
- Backup your iPhone
- How to download iOS 14.5 public beta 7 on iPhone
- How to install iOS 14.5 public beta 7 on iPhone
List of devices that support iOS 14 public beta
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPod Touch (7th Generation)
Backup your iPhone
It is essential that you make a backup of your device and archive it before updating it to iOS 14 beta. This way, if something goes wrong or you later wish to downgrade to iOS 13, you can get back most of your personal data. We have a step-by-step guide that shows you how to backup your iPhone to Mac, PC, (or iCloud).
How to download iOS 14.5 public beta 7 on iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to beta.apple.com
- Tap on Sign in > and log in using your Apple ID and password.
Note: If you’re a beta tester already, you can directly enroll your iOS device.
- Tap on Accept (if you do).
- Scroll down the iOS tab and tap on enroll your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap on Download profile. Tap on Allow. Tap on Close.
- Open the Settings app and tap on Profile Downloaded.
- Tap on Install from the top-right. Enter your device passcode.
- Tap on Install. Tap on Install again.
- Finally, tap on Done. If anytime, the device shows a popup to Restart, tap on that.
Next, let us see how to install the update.
How to install iOS 14.5 public beta 7 on iPhone
- Launch the Settings app and tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- When the update shows up, click on Download and Install.
- Then enter your device passcode. iOS 14 Public beta will begin downloading.
After the download ends, it will take a few minutes to prepare the update and then some minutes to install. Everything happens like any other regular iOS update.
Video: How to install iOS 14.5 public beta
This is how you can install iOS 14.5 public beta 7 on your iPhone. The latest version is loaded with new visual changes and innovative improvements like the Back Tap! We have a separate article that tells you all about the exciting new iOS 14 features. Till the update downloads on your device, make sure you check it.
You may also like to read more about: