Using AirPlay, you can beam music from your iOS device to your HomePod. And if you wish to have more control over wireless streaming, you can also customize AirPlay settings for your HomePod.
Apple lets you perfectly control how others connect to all of your HomePod speakers using AirPlay. For instance, you can choose to let everyone within the Wi-Fi range to stream songs on the smart speaker or set password requirement for wireless streaming. Enough talk; head over to change AirPlay settings for your HomePod!
How to Change AirPlay Settings on HomePod
Step #1. Launch the Home app on your iOS device.
Step #2. Now, tap on the tiny arrow at the upper-left corner on the screen.
Step #3. Next, tap on Home Settings.
Step #4. Next up, select your Home.
Under Speakers, you need to allow speaker access and then select any of the following options:
- Everyone: To let anyone who is within the range of your HomePod to see and play with it.
- Anyone On the Same Network: To allow everyone connected to your home Wi-Fi network AirPlay to your HomePod.
- Only People Sharing This Home: To allow only the people, who you have invited to share control of your Home in the Home app, to AirPlay to HomePod.
- Require Password: Anyone who wants to AirPlay to HomePod will need to enter a password.
You can choose any of the above options based on your need.
That’s pretty much it!
Have your say
It would be great to have your feedback about Apple smart speaker and the things you have found appreciable in it. And yes, also tell us about the things you don’t like about the voice-based speaker.
Catch up with these posts as well:
- How to Stream Spotify, Pandora, and SoundCloud to HomePod
- How to Set Up and Use HomePod with Apple TV
- Best HomePod Alternatives: Your Most Versatile Smart Speaker
- HomePod: Everything You Need to Know About Apple’s Smart Speaker