I love an app that can multitask and help me save time and effort on daily menial tasks. When I came across ClickUp – Manage Teams & Tasks, I had to pick it for #AppyWeek and test the app thoroughly for an entire week.
After all, the app makes two bold claims:
- It is a one-app army to replace them (business, project management apps) all.
- It guarantees to save one day every week.
Besides, ClickUp had also raised $100M in its Series B funding round, piquing my interest in the app even more.
So what is so special about this app? Can it really do all this and more? Well, I have been using, exploring, and testing the app for a week now, and here’s what I think about it.
ClickUp Review: Can it replace all your business apps?
ClickUp is a super extensive app that brings together many useful apps like tasks, docs, spreadsheets, goal tracking, resources, team management, collaboration, and more.
Surprisingly, even with all these features packed onto your screen, the app manages to keep a neat and minimal yet colorful and fun interface. I particularly enjoy the tidbit that says Play with ClickUp instead of login on the main page.
Unique features of ClickUp
Before we jump on to the features, let me explain the basic structure of the app. ClickUp is all about workspace; you can call it the main homepage and further divide it into multiple spaces.
These spaces could represent different aspects of your business teams, departments, type of works, and more. Further, each space can have as many pages/lists as you want.
The organization fanatic in me jumped with happiness when I realized that you could segregate pages under a multitude of folders.
Another exciting thing is that you can view these pages as you like. Whether in a list, board format, calendar, Gantt, timeline, mind map, and more.
Pretty amazing! I enjoyed the freedom and customization the app offers. It instantly made me feel that the developers have thought a lot about each feature.
Whether you are a solo entrepreneur or a team of 1000+ employees, ClickUp could help you organize, shuffle, and stay on top of your task. You can:
- Nest as many subtasks as you need
- Filter and search seamlessly
- Sort them by project, priority, or any other tags you like
- Manage recurring tasks without hassle
- Add tasks to your favorite to access them quickly
- Multitask by making changes or edits in bulk
- Use task tray to add attachments/comments in tasks quickly
- Just drag and drop to reorder
- Easily create associate, inter-dependent tasks via URL or ##
- Save drafts of tasks you aren’t sure about yet
- Webhooks to automate task updates
- /Slash Commands
- Bookmark Websites
- Smart Search
- Preview Files In App
- Create Tasks Via Email
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Offline mode
- Hotkeys and Shortcuts
Thanks to a few cohesive tools, ClickUp enables super smooth collaboration and reporting.
It offers the following options:
- Real-time reporting to see what your team is up to
- Assign a single task to multiple team members
- Give detailed instructions with a start and due date
- Have discussions with the tasks
- Live sync across all your devices
- Real-Time Editing on documents and tasks
- See progress percentage of the team
- Manage resources wisely by evaluating who is overloaded or accessible.
- Mentions to notify user right away
- Threaded comments
- Capture, mark up and edit screenshots
- Apply formulas quite like spreadsheets
- Code syntax
- Embed links
- Give restricted project access to guests
- Maintain privacy by locking sensitive information
- Public sharing
The target is to break down even the biggest of projects into simple, streamlined, and doable chunks; in addition to the above-listed features, ClickUp boasts the following to boost your management skills.
- Task dependencies
- Checklist templates
- Agile Board View
- Multiple assignees
- Recurring checklists
- Custom statuses
- Resolve comments
- People sidebar
- Scrum points
- Workload chart
Your company, team, projects, the working style will be unique to you, so why follow a generic set pattern? ClickUp lends you the freedom to fully customize your workflow.
- Custom fields
- Save filters
- Personalized tags
- Custom Color Themes
- Dark Mode
- Custom notifications
- White Label
- Custom Roles
When the developers claimed that you could have everything in one app, they weren’t joking at all. My company uses Basecamp, and it took less than an hour to transfer all my tasks and projects.
Amazingly, everything was as streamlined and well-arranged as the tasks have been build on ClickUp itself. Along with public API, the app offers integration with almost all popular productivity apps like:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft Teams
Apps and devices
Remarkably, the developers have covered all bases, whether in terms of features or cross-platform compatibility.
- Web app – Safari, Chrome, Edge, Firefox
- Mobile app – iOS and Android
- Desktop app – macOS, Windows, Linux
- Virtual assistant– Amazon Alexa and Google Assitant
- Extensions – Chrome, coming soon for Firefox and Safari
- Plugin – Gmail, Outlook
Did ClickUp manage to save AK’s one day?
Just scroll up and see the feature lists mentioned above; the app has high potential if used properly. Honestly, I spent my whole week exploring and marveling at the app, and maybe as I use it regularly, it could save hours, if not a whole day.
I loved how well-thought the app is; it feels like great individual apps are combined to offer one neat package. And while not overly complex, it will take time to understand and use the app to its full potential.
It might not be the best time or project management app, but it is indeed the best business management app that I have come across in a while. Since it is free to download and use, you should surely give this one a shot.
User Interface: 🌝 🌝 🌝 🌝
Ease of access: 🌝 🌝 🌝 🌜
Features: 🌝 🌝 🌝 🌝🌜
Fun quotient: 🌝 🌝 🌝 🌝
Management: 🌝 🌝 🌝 🌝
Free – 100MB Storage, unlimited tasks and members, and two-factor authentication
Paid – $5 member per month, $9 per member annually; includes unlimited storage, list, board and calendar views, and more.
What is #AppyWeek with AK?
A weekly series hosted by me, Arshmeet Kaur, aka AK! Every week, I pick an app and dedicatedly test it to explore every feature for seven days.
After which, I share my honest experience to help my readers understand an app better and decide how beneficial it will be for them. If this sounds interesting to you, follow this space to uncover more exciting and unique apps.
Until then, read these previous editions: