You need a valid email ID to create and manage your Apple ID. But unlike a few other services, you can actually change the email ID you use for your Apple ID without losing your Apple data.
You’ve got to be careful though. When you change your email ID that you use as your Apple ID username, you will have to re-login to all of the services that you use. This includes iTunes, App Store, iCloud, iCloud Mail and any other Apple service. Fortunately, changing the email ID associated with your Apple ID is easy.
Here’s How to Change E-mail Address Associated with Apple ID on iPhone/iPad
- You need to visit your Apple ID page. Visit https://appleid.apple.com/
- Click on “Manage your Apple ID”
- Sign in with your existing Apple ID if you’re not logged in already.
- There will be an “Edit” option next to “Apple ID and Primary Email Address.” Click to open it.
- Enter your new e-mail address or the one where you want to link your Apple ID.
- On the bottom right side of the page, there will be an option of “Save Changes.” Click on this to save your new e-mail address.
- Next, Apple will ask you to verify your e-mail address.
- Open your e-mail account and complete the verification process.
- Now, login with your new e-mail address
Note: If your existing e-mail address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you won’t be able to change or replace it. This option is only valid for other provided e-mail address.
By changing your e-mail address, you allow the e-mails from Apple to re-direct to your new ID. This will not affect your earlier conversation, i.e. the earlier e-mails to your previous e-mail address shall not be displayed in your changed e-mail address. If there had been some important exchange through e-mails, you need to manually transfer them; in case you are shutting your earlier e-mail ID.