“Play games to thrill your heart and not kill your life! If a filthy game like Blue Whale Challenge ever comes your way, throw it away as such nefarious games can psychologically damage your thought process.” Generally, we write articles only related to all-things-Apple. However, if we come across something as sensational as this game, we do cover it with a view to spreading awareness. And we thought, it's needed to be addressed properly.
We all love to play a variety of games to have enormous fun, sharpen our mind or just pass our time with joy. Though I enjoy all sorts of games but the one, that's full of challenges fascinate me the most. For the past few days, the one game that's making a lot of noise is the extremely dangerous “Blue Whale Challenge.” The saddest thing about this dreading game is that it has claimed the lives of many youngers around the world. So, what makes this game so venomous? Let's find out the most shocking facts about Blue Whale Game!
Blue Whale Game Facts
Fact #1. The term “Blue Whale” is derived from the phenomenon of beached whales, which is related to suicide.
Fact #2. The game is reported to have started in Russia in 2013. The “F57” was one of the first names of the “death group” of the VKontakte social network. It has now spread in several countries.
Fact #3. It's not a downloadable software or app. It's primarily a social media phenomenon that enters social media networks from secret groups. Some of the examples of the social media phenomenon are ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the Harlem Shake.
Fact #4. It assigns 50 tasks to players during a 50-day period. The player has to take photos while undertaking the challenge and upload them as proofs for the curator's approval.
Fact #5. The final challenge compels the player to commit suicide. All the assigned task is tracked by a curator. The tasks include watching horror movies and inflicting self-harm.
Blue Whale Challenges
- The player is asked to write a phrase on his own hand or arm.
- The player has to get up at 4:20 a.m. and watch a horror video-that's sent by the curator.
- He has to make lengthwise cuts on his own arm.
- He is asked to draw a whale on a piece of paper.
- He must write “yes” on his leg if he wants to be a whale. Else, he is asked to cut himself multiple times.
- The player gets secret task which is written in code.
- He is asked to scratch (a message) on his own arm.
- He has to write a status online claiming he is a whale.
- He is told to get rid of the fear.
- Wake up at 4:20 and go to the roof.
- He has to carve whale on his own hand.
- He is asked to watch scary videos all day.
- Listen to the type of music the “curator” sends.
- He is asked to cut his lip.
- He has to poke his own arm/hand with a needle.
- He has to make himself hurt or sick.
- He is told to go to roof and stand on the edge.
- Stand on a bridge.
- Climb a crane.
- Now, the nefarious “curator” makes sure if the participant is faithful.
- Talk with another “whale” on Skype.
- The player has to sit on a roof with legs dangling over the edge.
- He is given another task in code.
- A secret mission.
- Meet with a “whale.”
- The administrator assigns a date on which the player has to kill himself.
- Visit a railroad.
- Avoid talking with anyone all day.
- Take an oath/vow about being a whale.
- From 30-49 days, you have to wake up at 4:20, watch videos, listen to music. You are asked to make one cut on your hand every day, while talking to a whale.
- On the last day, jump out of the window or go under a train.
Fact #6. It allegedly caused its first suicide in 2015. Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student is claimed to have invented this game.
Fact #7. He said that the main purpose of his creating the game was to “clean” the society by forcing people, who have no value, to commit suicide.
Fact #8. In Russia in 2016, Blue Whale became a huge craze among teenagers. It caused many unrelated suicides in the country. As per reports, more than 100 teenagers have allegedly committed suicide to complete the challenge.
Be Wise and Avoid Falling Prey to Dirty Minds!
In the UK, you can contact Samaritans for help on 116 123. Also visit Mind's website to remove the psychological drain.
- In the US, call 1 (800) 273-TALK.
- In Australia, Lifeline number is 13 11 14.
- Head over to this link to find out the Lifeline number of other countries.
There are so many top games which you can get the most out of and fill your times with endless joy. If you are looking for exciting games, check out these lists:
- Best Cricket Games for iPhone and iPad
- Best iPhone and iPad Action Games
- Best Tower Defense Games for iPad
- Best Space Shooter Games for iPhone and iPad