CES 2021 turned out to be a massive virtual event with 2000 companies showcasing their expertise. With that being said, a lot of companies are still showcasing accessories for Apple Users. Be it accessories for iPhone 12 Series or iPad, the technical diversity took me by surprise. To all the Apple users, this is a goldmine for you. Here’s a roundup of the best iPhone and iPad accessories at CES 2021. Thank me later!
1. Kensington StudioDoc for iPad Pro
Kensington’s debut at CES with StudioDoc was just what the geeks needed to kickstart their year. A new docking solution for iPad Pro 12.9″ (2018+), iPad Pro 11″ (2018+), and iPad Air (2020), it combines port expansion with wireless charging pads. The dock allows users to magnetically attach their iPads in Portrait or Landscape Mode to unleash a monitor-like experience.
The StudioDock sports a range of ports for increased connectivity, namely three USB-A ports, a single USB-C port, and an SD card reader. You can charge the doc with a 20V DC power adapter.
A feature that makes it a must-have is its built-in iPhone and AirPods wireless charging surface. You can also opt for an optional Apple Watch charger. Unfortunately, they haven’t released a price or availability date yet, so we will have to wait.
2. SATECHI Dock5 multi-device charging station
Another gadget in the charging sector, Dock5 Multi-device Charging Station, lets you build your charging space with wireless charging. With the charging station, you can charge up to five USB devices simultaneously using two USB-C PD ports, two USB-A ports, and a wireless charging pad.
The device is compatible with iPad Air (2020), iPad Pro (2018+), iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, AirPods Pro AirPods 2, along with their cases.
Satechi mentions that the dock is ideal for your homes, workspaces, classrooms, libraries, and the charging process is hassle-free and super easy to follow. The device ships out on January 22nd and is an excellent grab for the price it ships at.
3. DMH-WC5700NEX 6.8″ MODULAR IN-DASH RECEIVER
Pioneer introduces this marvelous addition to the NEX line-up, DMH-WC5700NEX, with Apple CarPlay™ with the help of wired and wireless connection. The modular design combines a 6.8″ touchscreen display with a hideaway control unit to ensure that your vehicle gets limited or restricted dash space.
The limited space makes the installation process more effortless in the car models, including the Chevrolet Silverado and Chevrolet Camaro. Since their earlier Dash receiver launch, Pioneer has started upgrading their receivers. The compactness of this device ensures an automatic upgrade solution and smoothens your CarPlay™ experience. Stay tuned for the pricing and availability updates, for the company is yet to announce it.
4. PopSockets MagSafe
Now here is a PopSocket range that is so diverse that it has one for every iPhone. The products under this category are:
- PopGrip for MagSafe: This PopSocket attaches itself magnetically to MagSafe-compatible cases for iPhone 12 series. It comes with a non-slip rubber bottom and works perfectly with the PopSockets PopMount 2 phone mounts.
- PopGrip Slide Stretch: Attaches mechanically to the Apple Silicone case’s sides and almost any MagSafe-compatible cases. Thus, it becomes a great fit for almost any case you own.
- PopWallet+: A customizable wallet allows you to carry three cards and comes with an integrated grip—attaching magnetically to iPhone 12 or MagSafe-compatible cases, thus smoothening the user experience for us.
- PopMount for MagSafe: It comes in two alternatives: one that can mount on any surface, whereas one only mounts on Car Vents.
Always a fan of PopSockets! The sheer expertise to showcase a product in so many different ways despite delivering the same purpose makes me a happy kid. The products are expected to get live by the Spring of 2021, but the Slide Stretch will be available from March 21st on the website.
5. Belkin BoostCharge Pro wireless charger
The brand that bags the CES 2021 Innovation Awards will surely impress the world with its products. Expanding their audio portfolio, Belkin came up with two products this year, the MagSafe-compatible wireless charger and earbuds.
This 2-in-1 wireless charger stand delivers up to 15W charging speeds and is compatible with the entire iPhone 12 line-up. To simplify the charging experience, there is a charging pad optimized for AirPods. I adore the color options: black and white. The devices will start shipping from March/April 2021.
6. Belkin SoundForm freedom TWS
Another product from Belkin is a pair of earbuds with a great set of features. You name a feature, and Freedom TWS has it. With 8 hours of battery life and an additional 20 hours of battery life with the case, these earbuds give you 2 hours of playback time in 15 minutes of charging.
Freedom TWS will come in black and white colors. They also come with an IPX 5 rating, which makes them splash resistant. It will be available in the market from March/April 2021. However, there is not much clarity about the price yet.
7. Anker Magnetic series
Anker came up with a whole lot of accessories in the innovation fest this year. This includes cases, power banks, and wireless chargers and stands.
- Magnetic Cases: Anker has come up with magnetic cases for iPhone 12 compatible with MagSafe charging. Offering a sleek, protective, and visually appealing design, you can get yourself one from mid-January.
- Power Banks: The PowerBanks will attach to the back of an iPhone, which has a capacity of up to 10,000 mAh. The PowerBanks will directly attach to the back of an iPhone and charge your device while using it. These are expected in the market from February 2021.
- PowerWave Go 3-in-1 stand: Albeit the most innovative accessory in Anker’s launches this year, the stand holds the capacity to charge iPhones, AirPods, and Apple Watch all at the same time. It comes with a detachable 10,000 mAh wireless pad for charging on the go. The good part, Apple Watch module is removable. This product is expected in the market by March 2021.
8. Anker PowerExpand 5-in-1 Thunderbolt 4 dock
Anker never fails to impress with its line of products, and as far as sources are to be believed, we will be seeing a lot more products by the year-end.
One of the most anticipated products, however, is the PowerExpand 5-on-1 Thunderbolt 4 dock. The one that will charge laptops up to 85W, transfer files at 40Gbps, and comes in dual displays; (single display up to 8K resolution at 30Hz and dual display up to 4K resolution at 60Hz. Certified by Intel Thunderbolt 4, the device comes into the market by February.
9. DELL 40 inches 5K-2K monitor
The world’s first ultrawide curved monitor to offer 5120 x 2160 resolution also offers more viewing space than any other monitors available in the market. A promising affair for people looking for wider screens and more significant outputs, Dell has undoubtedly taken the lead with this product. Monitors for Mac come with a dedicated Thunderbolt 3 slot.
The one thing Dell hasn’t been clear about is whether the monitors will support HDR or nay. The monitor launches on January 28th and is available for sale across the US.
10. JBL Dolby Atmos sound bar
The latest addition to its soundbar line-up, JBL Bar 5.0 MultiBeam is ideal for Apple enthusiasts, as it wirelessly connects with your iPhones or iPads and lets you enjoy your music.
The device also supports AirPlay 2, thus allows a multi-room audio experience when paired with HomePod or Apple TV. What I like the most about the bar is that I can control it using Siri.
Sadly, we have to wait till Spring 2021 for the device launch. Do not miss JBL’s retro-inspired amplifier that was also launched in the CES line-up.
11. LG OLED UltraFine monitor
A stunning monitor for the creative folks, LG has had an impressive launch this year. The 31.5 inches 4K display monitor comes with individual dimming for more than 8 million pixels.
The display also comes with a good number of ports, namely one USB-C port with 90-watt power delivery, two DisplayPorts, three USB-A ports, one HDMI port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. However, we might have to wait a lot for the device as there are no updates from the company regarding the launch date or price.
Which iPhone and iPad accessories you love the most from CES 2021?
I have always enjoyed Anker’s accessories, and this year’s line-up indeed impressed me the most. They are affordable, look great, and have impressive functionalities. I am indeed getting myself the PowerWave Go 3-in-1 stand. I am tempted to get them Belkin SoundForm Freedom TWS and thoroughly test them for the music enthusiast that I am. Did you know they also offer ENC (Environment Noise Cancelling)?
Which is your favorite product from this year’s line-up? Let me know in the comment section below.