The advantage of gaming PCs is that you can customize or upgrade any component the way you like. But they also have one limitation, you can’t carry your PC anywhere to play a game with your friend. This is when the need for best Gaming Laptop arises. Until now, laptops were considered to be a work machine, but with advancing technology, they can be a real beast to play any game you may like.
As long as performance is concerned, gaming laptops have the same capabilities as desktop gaming PCs, but with the advantage of carrying it in your backpack. If you plan to get yourself a gaming laptop, this is the post you should read. We have carefully picked these beasts keeping in mind the gamers mindset.
Best Gaming Laptops in 2019
#1. ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW
Asus is a well-known brand manufacturing graphic cards, motherboards, and laptops for more than a decade. The most impressive feature of this gaming laptop is the 17.3-inch Full HD 144Hz display. The real joy of gaming is on a big screen, and with a laptop having 17.3-inch wide display, that is more than welcome.
The size of the laptop is quite slim, even though it is stuffed with powerful hardware under its hood. The keyboard has customizable RGB backlit, and thus, it delivers a complete gaming experience that you may get on a gaming Desktop.
- Intel Core i7-8750H Six Core Processor (9MB Cache)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM (2666Mhz)
- 512GB NVMe Solid State Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
- Intelligent cooling system for CPU and GPU
- VR Ready
- Needs a laptop stand for proper ventilation
#2. Alienware 17R4 17 R4
Alienware doesn’t need any introduction. Even non-gamers are very-well familiar with the brand name and also the quality of the product attached to it. Alienware gaming laptops are comparatively of premium prices, but the quality is also premium.
It’s a 17.3″ laptop with UHD 4K display along with the anti-glare feature. The 4K UHD display is worth every penny since you get an advantage over your opponent. You see micro details with better details, compared to your opponent.
- Intel Core i7-7820HK (Quad-core with 8MB Cache)
- 16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz
- 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 8GB DDR5
- Windows 10
- 4K UHD display
- Durable and strong build
- No Optical drive
- Slightly overpriced compared to hardware specifications
#3. Dell XPS 15 9570
Laptops from Dell are generally slim and sleek, and they are also much more presentable. The XPS series is also decent with look even though it is a gaming laptop. Same like Alienware, the Dell XPS 15 9570 also has a 4K UHD display with a size of 15.6″.
Though the size of the display may turn you off, if you look at the positive side, you can have it in your lap to play your favorite game. In addition to that, 15.6″ size also makes it convenient to carry around while you are on the go.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i9-8950HK (12MB Cache)
- 4GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti
- 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe Solid State Drive
- 32GB DDR4 RAM (2666Mhz)
- Win 10 PRO 64Bit
- 12-months McAfee subscription included
- Anti-reflective touch screen
- You may get a better graphics card in lesser price
#4. Acer Predator Helios 300
If you are running a little tight on budget for a gaming laptop, but at the same time don’t want to compromise, then Acer Predator is for you. It has a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display with 144Hz refresh rate. Besides that, the metal aeroblade 3D cooling fans keep the CPU and GPU cool in times of intense gaming.
In addition to that, you can also control fan speed using the available settings. Set it to max when you play heavy graphics games. To me, it is one of the best gaming laptops to have this year.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H
- 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM
- 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Extra empty slot for additional HDD or SSD
- 7-hours battery backup
- Almost none
#5. MSI GV63 8SE-014
If you are looking for a mid-level gaming laptop, MSI GV63 is the way to go. Though it can entertain hardcore gamers as well, we’ll put it under the mid-level category. The pricing of this beast is super competitive and may interest you for regular work as well.
When it comes to screen size, it has a 15.6″ FHD display with 120Hz refresh rate. Like most of the gaming laptops, this too has a customizable backlit keyboard. In addition to that, there are other handy features like Nahimic 3 Digital 7.1 Audio Enhancer, MSI App player, and Dragon center management app.
- Intel Core i7-8750H 2.3-4.0GHz
- 16GB (16G*1) DDR4 2400MHz
- NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6G GDDR6
- 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB
- Competitive price
- 7.1 audio enhancer
- Customizable backlit keyboard
- Putting the laptop in sleep sometimes corrupts the OS
#6. ASUS ROG Zephyrus S
It is one of the slimmest laptops on this list of best gaming laptops. Don’t neglect it by the looks; it has some serious power under its hood. It’s a decent 15.6″ in size with 144Hz refresh rate. In addition to that, the display is Full HD with IPS-type technology.
This laptop is perfect for gamers that plan regular night-outs in the group and need to carry the beast in their bags. With upgraded 12V aerodynamics systems, the CPU and GPU will stay cool all the time. Lastly, the ventilation tunnels are anti-dust, keeping the hardware neat and clean.
- 8Th-generation Intel Core i7-8750H
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
- 16GB 2666Hz DDR4
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Windows 10 Home
- Slim and lightweight design
- Upgraded 12V fans for cooling
- Geforce Fortnite bundle
- Keys will require practice to get along with it
#7. MSI GS65 Stealth THIN-051
This one is rated mostly for hardcore gamers. Not only because of the key specifications, but because of the cooling system it offers. It has two fans and four heat pipes that keep CPU and GPU below the critical temperature, regardless of your gaming.
When it comes to the display, it has thin bezels, and that makes the gaming experience a lot better. It has a 15.6″ Full HD display with 144Hz refresh rate. Last but not least, the laptop is VR ready.
- Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2 – 4.1GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6G GDDR5
- 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2400MHz
- 256GB SSD NVMe
- Ultra-thin bezels
- VR ready
- Thunderbolt 3 ready
- 256GB SSD may run out of space quickly
#8. MSI GT83 TITAN-027 Enthusiast
Even though this is the real beast on the list, we decided to keep it at the bottom. And that’s mainly because of the price tag. It is priced at a little above $7000; with that budget, you can surely build a top-notch customized gaming desktop.
But as we are concerned about mobility, this laptop secures its place on the list. To start with the display, it is sized at 18.4″ Full HD WideView IPS-Level Non-Reflection. This was a disappointment, as with this price, it should have a 4K UHD display. Let’s check other vital specifications.
- 8th Gen Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-8850H
- 64GB (4x 16GB) DDR4 2666MHz
- 4TB (2x 2TB) Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Top-notch hardware to play almost all kind of games
- 18.4-inch Widescreen for intensive gaming
- Gaming bundle worth $240 included in the purchase
- No 4K UHD display
#9. OMEN by HP
Omen by HP has a unique design compared to other gaming laptops. Instead of having full hinges throughout the body, it has slightly raised the display. This gives a proper viewing angle while playing a game.
Apart from that, the display size is 15.6-inch with Full HD and anti-glare functionality. Also, bezels are very thin and give an excellent viewing experience. It is slightly overpriced, but that’s mostly for the brand value.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 – 8 GB GDDR5 dedicated
- 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM
- 512 GB PCIe NVMe TM M.2 SSD
- Thin bezels
- Slightly raised display for better viewing angle
- Slightly overpriced compared to specifications
#10. Razer Blade 15 RTX
The design and make of the Razer Blade 15 RTX is very close to that of a MacBook Pro. It is presentable and much more classy, ironic to the design of a gaming laptop. Apart from that, it features a 15.6-inch Full HD display with 144Hz refresh rate. This sounds attractive, but at the price tag, it should have a 4K display.
Another notable thing about the laptop is the innovative vapor chamber cooling system that doesn’t let CPU and GPU to heat up. This adds to the durability and performance of the laptop. All in all, it is a decent gaming laptop, but the price tag is something that needs a second thought.
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q Design VR Ready graphics
- 16GB dual-channel memory
- 256GB SSD storage
- Slim and sleek design
- Innovative vapor chamber cooling system
- Should have 4K display considering the price
- Only 256GB SSD drive
That’s all, folks!
That was the list of best gaming laptops. We keep updating this post as and when a new laptop is launched, so make sure you bookmark this post for future reference. With that said, I’ll take your leave and find some more exciting gaming stuff for you to enjoy.
You may like to explore: