Most people look at watches as fashionable accessories worn to flaunt style. It is generally looked at as nothing more than a mere time keeping device. In recent times, the popularity of watches hasn’t been too great to be proud of. However, with the arrival of smartwatches have created some hopes of a revival. But, due to aesthetic appeal and advanced technologies, they haven’t been able to create wave unlike smartphones.
With Apple Watch just about to ship from next month, there has been never-seen-before curiosity about a wearable device. Such has been the unbelievable appeal from both fans and media that most experts don’t hesitate in saying that the Watch will become a massive success.
There are already some quality smartwatches from leading companies. How does Apple Watch fare against the other smart watches? What are the specifications which make the watch so special? Let’s check out the features of Apple Watch and other smart watches to have the perfect opinion about why you should buy the Watch!
Designed beautifully and developed to serve the interest of all groups of people, the Apple Watch is all set to rock the world of wearable device. Take a look at some of its specifications and features.
- Three distinctive models- Apple Watch “Sport”, Apple “Watch” and Apple Watch “Edition”
- Size: 38mm and 42mm
- Accuracy- 50 milliseconds of the global time standard
- Fitness tracking
- Force touch technology
- Digital crown for convenient navigation of your watch
- New way of communication- users can send their heartbeat, a tap or a creative sketch to other Apple Watch users
- Can replace your hotel keys
- Built-in apps
- 18 hours of battery life
- 5 hours of audio playback
- Splash and water resistant
- 8G of storage
- Anodized aluminum cases in silver or space gray
- Media app integrations (ESPN, Facebook, CNN)
- Dictate Siri for information
Price: $349 to $17,000
Without the least of doubt, Moto 360 seems to be the closest competitor of Apple Watch thanks largely to its exquisite design and rich functionality. It’s been in the market for quite some time and has been appreciated by users and tech world. Available at a very low price as compared to Apple Watch, Moto 360 can make you want it at the first glance itself. Let’s find out what features it has got with it!
Moto 360 Features at Glance
- Full day of battery life
- Water resistant
- Wireless charging
- Built-in pedometer as well as heart rate monitor
- Compatible with Android 4.3 or higher
- Round design
- Voice Control
- Timely Notifications
- Built-in activity tracker
- Receive app notifications
LG G Watch R
LG G Watch R can provide a healthy completion to Apple Watch. With charming design, powerful battery and plenty of quality features such as traffic conditions alerts and fitness tracking, LG G Watch R can be a cool option for users who want an easy-to-use watch. Let’s have a glance at what it has to offer!
- Full Circle P-Oled Display
- PPG Sensor for health and fitness experience
- 410mAh battery
- Water and dust resistant
- Compatible with Android 4.3 or later
- Weather alerts
- Traffic conditions alerts
- Dictate Google to search for information
- Fitness tracking
Price: $299.99 -$314.99
Samsung Gear S
Samsung Gear S is yet another competitor of Apple Watch. It features a number of user-friendly features such as, 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and turn by turn pedestrian navigation. Along with a pretty attractive design, it has the functionality to compete with Apple Watch. Let’s have a quick look at its features.
Features at Glance
- Curved Super AMOLED display
- Advanced communicator
- 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Make/receive calls and messages
- Send messages with the use of onscreen keyboard
- Turn by turn pedestrian navigations
- Support up to 69 languages
- Enhanced S Voice for hands free use
- Fitness tracking
- 300mAh battery
- OS- Tizen based wearable platform
- Memory -RAM-512MB Storage: 4G internal memory
Price: $349.92- $384
Huawei has always produced quality products that have defined user experience. Huawei Watch has got some nice features that a watch lover would like to have. Whether it is enchanting AMOLED display or eye-catching design, it promises to be a stiff competitor for the newest device of Apple. Let’s take a look at its features.
- Size: 42mm
- Display: Full Circle AMOLED display
- Material: 316L stainless steel
- OS: Android Wear
- Memory: 512MB RAM +4GB ROM
- Audio: Built-in MIC
- Watchband: Stainless steel or leather
- Color: silver, black. gold
- Sensors: Gyroscope +Accelerometer, PPG, Barometer, Vibration Motor
- Built with Sapphire crystal
- Single activity tracking
- Health rate tracking
- Ergonomic button placement
- More than 40 watch faces
Price: $1000 [Expected]
So, where does Apple Watch stand among its competitors?
As for rich functionality and advanced technology, Apple Watch stands apart from the rest. Be it remarkable design, industry first technologies, the Watch seems to be comfortably placed ahead of its rivals. However, the other branded smartwatches do have the features to be an alternative option if users don’t wish to spend more money and still want to have a reasonably nice watch.
The major difference that appears to differentiate between Apple Watch and its rivals is the premium features and the brand appeal that Apple has been known for years.