Apple just released iOS 11.1 with over 70+ new emojis, 3D Touch app switcher, various bug fixes and improvements. The first major update to the iOS 11 is available on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
The update is available on all compatible devices through OTA. You just need to launch Settings app, then go to General -> Software Update to access the update. iOS 11.1 is compatible with iPhone 5s or later, iPad mini 2 or later, iPad Air and later, and iPod Touch 6th generation.
With iOS 11.1, Apple has introduces tons of new Unicode 10 emoji like ike crazy face, pie, pretzel, t-rex, vampire, exploding head, face vomiting, shushing face, love you gesture, brain, scarf, zebra, giraffe, fortune cookie, pie, hedgehog, and more. Along with new emojis, iOS 11.1 brings back the 3D Touch App Switcher gesture to bring up the multitasking App Switcher interface.
There are many bug fixes and security improvements in iOS 11.1 including a fix for major vulnerability in the WPA2 Wi-Fi standard that is used to protect many modern Wi-Fi networks.
Major bug fixes and security improvements in iOS 11.1:
– Over 70 new emoji characters including new food types, animals, mythical creatures, clothing options, more expressive smiley faces, gender-neutral characters and more
– Resolves an issue that could cause some photos to appear blurry
– Addresses an issue that could cause Live Photo effects to playback slowly
– Fixes an issue that could cause some photos to not display in the People album when restoring from an iCloud Backup
– Fixes an issue that could impact performance when swiping between screenshots
– Improves braille support for Grade 2 input
– Improves VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs
– Improves VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications
– Improves VoiceOver rotor actions menu when removing an app from the App Switcher
– Fixes an issue for some users where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing
– Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would always return to default action in Mail
– Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would not delete messages
Other improvements and fixes
– Adds back support for accessing the app switcher by pressing on edge of display with 3D Touch
– Fixes an issue that caused cleared Mail notifications to reappear on Lock screen
– Fixes an issue in enterprise environments that prevented data from being moved between managed apps
– Fixes an issue with some 3rd-party GPS accessories that caused inaccuracies in location data
– Resolves an issue where settings for Heart Rate notifications were appearing in Apple Watch app (1st generation)
– Fixes an issue where app icons were not appearing in notifications on Apple Watch
For more information visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222