Apple has announced its Q4 2016 results. The tech giant was able to earn $46.9b with the net quarterly profit of $9 billion, or $1.67 per diluted share as against revenue of $51.5 billion as well as net quarterly profit of $11.1 billion, or $1.96 per diluted share during the same quarter last year.
As expected, both the revenue and the sales of iDevices like iPhone, Mac, and iPad were almost in line with the predictions. However, Apple’s services sector showed a tremendous growth of 24% during the July to September quarter.
“Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2016 fourth quarter ended September 24, 2016. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $46.9 billion and quarterly net income of $9 billion, or $1.67 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $51.5 billion and net income of $11.1 billion, or $1.96 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 38 percent compared to 39.9 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 62 percent of the quarter’s revenue.” – Apple PR
The tech giant could sell 45.51 million iPhones, 9.38M iPads, and 4.89M Macs during the last quarter. Apple CEO Tim Cook said that the company is thrilled to have got the much better response to iPhone 7, 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2.
“Our strong September quarter results cap a very successful fiscal 2016 for Apple,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We’re thrilled with the customer response to iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2, as well as the incredible momentum of our Services business, where revenue grew 24 percent to set another all-time record.”
As per the report, the overall cash of the Cupertino-based company grew by $6.1b in Q4 2016 to massive $236b which is an all-time high.
Apple Q4 2016 Results: Everything You Need to Know
Revenue: $46.9 billion as compared to $51.5 billion declined by 9%
iPhones: 45.5 million as against 48.05 million, declined by 5%
iPads: 9.3 million as compared to 9.88 million, declined by 6%
Macs: 4.8 million as against 5.71 million, declined by 14%
- iPhone sales have declined by 3M and revenue has fallen by $4.5b as compared to the year-ago quarter.
- The company four acquisitions in the Q4 2016.
- Most numbers of Android users switched to iPhone.
- As per reports, customers who are planning to buy a smartphone within next 90 days, more than 60% are willing to go for iPhone.
- iPhone sales have gone India 50% year-over-year in 2016.
- The tech giant expects the revenue of $76-$78 billion in the holiday quarter, up from $75.9 billion last year.
- More than 100 HomeKit-compatible products are going to be available by end of 2016.
- iPad is reported to have 94% satisfaction rate with corporate buyers.
- App Store revenue has been on the rise for five consecutive quarters.
- Apple now has $237.6 billion in cash as well marketable securities.
- The company returned more than $9 billion to investors in the last quarter.
- China down 30% year-over-year.
- Apple Watch, iPod, Apple TV, Beats are down 22% year over year.
What do you think of Apple Q4 2016 results? Let us know your views in the comments below, on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. Also, make sure to give it a try to our iOS app on your iPhone and iPad.