Of late, I’ve been quite tuned-in to the Podcasts app on the iPhone. I’ll admit one thing. Since we began writing a slew of podcasts related posts here at iGeeksBlog, I’ve become glued to the app. And frankly, despite having written about and tried a few podcast alternatives, I think Apple’s native app is power-packed. We’ve seen a few tutorials for the app (which you can find here).
Here’s one more and what’s possibly the most basic tutorials of all. Here’s how to add and delete podcasts and episodes in your Podcasts app. Easily.
How to Subscribe Podcasts Stations in Podcasts App on iPhone or iPad
- You can add podcasts from the Top Stations section or the Store.
- In the store or from the Top Stations, just tap the podcast station you want to subscribe to.
- In the next screen that pops up, tap on Subscribe.
- That’s it. You are now subscribed to that podcast station.
How to Unsubscribe Podcast Stations in Podcasts App on iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the Library option at the bottom.
- Tap on the Podcast station that you wish to unsubscribe.
- Now, tap on Three dots and then tap on “Unsubscribe.”
Subscribing and Unsubscribing a podcast station is pretty easy. When it gets to episodes, it can be a little confusing. Here’s the basic rule of the thumb: you can delete episodes from a particular station. When you remove it, it gets deleted from the iPhone/iPad, so you’ll have to re-download it again if you want it back.
How To Delete Episodes from a Podcast Station
- From the Library tab, tap on Downloaded Episodes.
- Here you’ll see all the episodes that you have downloaded.
- Swipe right on the episode you wish to delete.
- Tap on Remove Download when prompted.
Also, check out how to auto-delete Episodes in Podcasts App
To add episodes to a podcast, all you need to do is
- Tap on a particular podcast station from Library.
- Tap on the Available Episodes.
- Now tap on “+” icon.
- After it is downloaded, tap the iCloud icon again to save it on your iPhone.
So there you go. That’s how you add and delete podcast stations and episodes from the Podcasts app. Oh, by the way, we’re looking for interesting podcast stations. Got any suggestions? Let us know!
You may also like to explore:
- How to Delete Episodes in Podcasts App on iPhone or iPad Automatically
- How to Sort Podcasts in Podcasts App on iPhone or iPad
- Best Podcasts App Alternatives for iPhone in 2019
- How to Setup and Listen to Podcasts on Apple Watch in watchOS 5