Of late, I’ve been quite tuned-in to the Podcasts app on the iPhone. I’ll admit one thing. Since we began writing a slew of podcasts related posts here at iGeeksBlog, I’ve become glued to the app through a few podcasts. And frankly, despite having written about and tried a few podcast alternatives, I think Podcasts app is power-packed. We’ve seen a few tutorials for the Podcasts app (which you can find here).
Here’s one more and what’s possibly the most basic tutorials of all. Here’s how to add and delete podcasts and episodes in your Podcasts app. Easily.
How to Subscribe Podcasts Stations in Podcasts App on iPhone or iPad:
- You can add podcasts from the Top Stations section or the Store.
- In the store or from the Top Stations, just tap the podcast station you want to subscribe to.
- In the next screen that pops up, tap on Subscribe.
- That’s it. You are now subscribed to that podcast station.
- Tap on the ‘list’ icon to change the view of the podcast stations in My Podcasts
- Now, tap on Edit
- Tap the red ‘-‘ button on the left of the station you want to remove
- Tap on Delete.
Adding and deleting a podcast station is pretty easy. When it gets to episodes, though, it can be a little confusing. Here’s the basic rule of the thumb: you can delete episodes from a particular station. When you remove it, it gets deleted from the iPhone/iPad, so you’ll have to re-download it again if you want it back. 3. Let’s first check out how you can delete episodes from a podcast station:
- Tap on a particular podcast station to see the episode list
- Swipe on the episode you want to delete. A delete button appears.
- Tap on the Delete button.
- Tap this, and the individual podcast episode is deleted.
4. If you want to mark a lot of episodes for deletion, here’s what you need to do:
- In the episode list (shown after you tap on a podcast station), tap on Edit
- Mark the episodes you want to delete
- Hit the Delete button on top.
Also, check out how to auto-delete Episodes in Podcasts App 5. To add episodes to a podcast, all you need to do is:
- Tap on a particular podcast station
- Tap on the Add Old Episodes
- Mark episodes to add and tap on Add.
So there you go. That’s how you add and delete podcast stations and episodes from the Podcasts app. Oh by the way, we’re looking for interesting podcast stations. Got any suggestions? Let us know!