As the ninth month of the year is fast approaching, all eyes are turning towards Apple CEO Tim Cook, and all ears are waiting to hear about iPhone 2019 or shall we say iPhone XI. So, when is the Apple special event? When will the preorder start? And most importantly, when is the new iPhone releasing?
As per usual, Apple has maintained a tight lip about the event and with no invitations sent as of yet, there is no way to satiate the queries above. However, Apple has been following sort of a pattern for the past nine years with regards to its iPhone releases.
We have used that pattern to draw out a probable date for this year’s Apple special event along with preorder and release date of three new iPhone models, purportedly dubbed as iPhone XI, iPhone XI Max and iPhone XIR.
2019 iPhone Might Get Revealed on September 20, 2019
The Labor Day Connection with Apple Special Events
Not just with its products, Apple has been consistent with their releases as well. Every year since 2012, Apple organizes a special event in September, wherein the tech giant proudly introduces their latest iPhone models, elaborate over the tons of innovative and unique features they shall carry and announces the release date of the said phone.
Notably, the Apple special event is either scheduled in the same week as the labor day or the very next week. Scheduled on the first Monday of September, if the Labor day falls before or on September 3, the announcement is planned within the next week, and if it falls later, it is in the same week. See the table below for more clarity:
See what we mean by consistency. Depending upon the date of Labor day, Apple schedules its event on either a Wednesday or a Tuesday. Further, the release date is organized on a Friday in the third week of September, usually a week and a half after the announcement.
The Release Date for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Max, and iPhone 11R
Applying the mathematics mentioned above, the Labor Day this year is falling on September 2 which deduces two dates September 10, Tuesday and September 11, Wednesday.
The American company wouldn’t probably choose the unfortunate date of Twin Tower Attack anniversary, leaving September 10, 2019, as the safest bet. According to which the preorder will fall on the following Friday, i.e., September 13, 2019, and the release date of iPhone XI will be September 20, 2019.
A Slip from Apple Partners
One of Apple’s partners, SoftBank might have inadvertently hinted at the actual release date of iPhone XI. According to Macotakara, it happened during the company’s latest earnings presentation.
The president of the Japanese mobile network revealed that the release date for the latest version of iPhone is ten days before the country’s new legislation on phone/service unbundling comes into effect. Since that is due on October 1, the release date is September 20, 2019.
Before we go further excuse us a minute, while we pat our backs for an almost successful deduction.
What to Expect From iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Max, and iPhone 11R
Now that we have narrowed down the release date, it is time to raise our expectations in regards to the new iPhone, as Apple has a reputation of keeping them or shall we say excelling them.
- How many devices and what are their names: As per the rumor mills quite like its 2018 range, Apple is planning to launch three iPhones in 2019. The suggested names are iPhone XI, iPhone XI Max, and iPhone XIR.
- Smarter core: Though iPhone 2019 will reportedly have a similar shape and display size as 2018’s version, it will have a better and impressive core with iOS 13 upgrade and Apple A13 Chip
- Camera: One of the most significant changes, this year’s iPhone is rumored to have a triple-lens camera with a square design. While iPhone XI and iPhone XI Max will have three rear-facing lenses, iPhone XIR will have just two. This opens up the avenue of better wide-angle shots, keeping in line with its competitors such as Google, Samsung, and Huawei.
- iPhone 2019 Colours: According to leak by a respected Apple writer Mark Gurman, the latest iPhone may sport some new colors namely purple and green apart from its usual black, white, yellow and red color. His tweet also illustrated a larger camera protrusion in the molding of the new case.
- Charging: While there is a slim chance that this will be incorporated in 2019’s iPhone, it is rumored that Apple is taking a similar path as its competitors and plans to introduce type C USB. Knowing Apple, it might be an iPhone XI feature.
- Dropping the 3D Touch: First introduced in iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, the 3D Touch has been dying slowly, and it seems that Apple will be ditching the technology altogether in the latest iPhone.
There are a few more exciting features that are making the rounds such as 5G enabled handsets, Lightning connector and even folding iPhones, though they would purportedly take some more time and might be featured iPhone 2020 or later.
With the sales of Apple iPhone dropped by 17% during the first quarter of the year, a lot is being expected from the upcoming iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Max, and iPhone 11R. And it seems that Apple is planning to fulfill said expectations, especially if the reports about the triple-rear camera and new colors hold any merits.
However, the price points of the 2019 iPhone models are expected to further take a hike due to the ongoing trade war between the US and China, and the recent implementation of additional tariffs.
While I am undoubtedly excited about the new features that Apple will introduce in the latest models, the underlying worry about the price points is omnipresent. What are your thoughts about it? How excited are you about iPhone XI, XI Max, and iPhone XIR?