At iGeeksblog, we love interesting, useful and informational posts that help our readers solve issues on their iOS devices, find interesting ways to get things done on their smartphones/tablets and introduce them to amazing new apps and accessories. We welcome authors to write for iGB, which is a blog about iPhones, iPads, iTunes and almost everything else related to these devices. iGeeksblog.com is growing into an authoritative blog, helping a lot of readers find information they need.
Benefits of Blogging for iGB
- iGB caters to readers who are passionate about their iPhones, iPads and iDevices. By blogging at iGB, you establish a reputation amidst users of iOS devices who trust the information provided by you.
- You get a valuable link back (no follow) to your website/blog through your author bio.
Who Can Write For Us?
We know that guest posting is being abused as a link building tactic (if your only purpose is backlink, then try submitting your content at various article directories). Which is why we are very cautious about who writes for us.
We won’t accept posts from authors who are not in the niche that iGB caters to. For instance, if your area of expertise is insurance claims or the financial market or any other irrelevant niche and you want to post on iGB to gain a link back to your blog on these topics, we’re going to reject your post right away. No further discussions.
We want our authors to be genuinely interested and helpful with their posts. We might, of course, have exceptions to this rule but we’re generally very strict about this.
What Can I Write About?
Before you start, go through iGB to understand what we do, what we post on/about. Make sure you don’t end up with a topic that’s already covered.
It would be ideal if you pitched your topic ideas to us through email before you start writing. However, in case you’re sure about the topic, make sure it falls under any one of these categories:
- How To (Tutorial)
- App Reviews
- Accessories & their reviews
- Jailbreak Tutorials
- Interesting Cydia Tweaks
- Jailbreak News
- General News on iOS devices
- Interviews of prominent people in the field
Dos & Donts
At iGB, we follow a strict content guideline. Value, quality and uniqueness go a long way here. Make sure you get them right before you start writing your post.
- Write for the readers. Readers look for information and value. Make sure you deliver that value through information.
- Grammar and punctuation are quite important for each article you submit.
- The minimum word-count for a post is 500 words. We don’t mind if it’s a lot more lengthier but every sentence should be valuable.
- Include resource links whenever and wherever required absolutely. If relevant, include links to iGeeksblog’s posts.
- If you “quote” a website or person, credit the source. This is a must.
- Add one image to the post. This image must not be copyrighted material (or if it is, obtain reproduction rights) and mention the source from where you got the image. (check out Flickr’s Advanced Image Search page to get Creative Commons licensed images. Mention the source so we can give due credit)
- If it’s a tutorial, include images for step-by-step guidance. Again, credit the source if you picked them from somewhere else.
- Add a list of all the resource links you referred to write your post at the end of the post.
- Proof-read your article thoroughly before you submit it to us. Check for broken links, grammar errors, typos and factual errors.
- Have a personal style of writing. Your post will be published in your name so form your own style of writing.
- Don’t apply for if you are just looking for backlink.
- Don’t waste your precious time in writing crap content.
- Don’t copy content from anywhere. Plagiarism is a serious offense and if found, we’ll have to take extreme measures. Any damage that might arise due to your copied content posted on our blog will be the responsibility of the author and in no case shall iGeeksblog be held responsible for the same.
- Don’t have too many links in your post. A maximum of one is acceptable and if the links are absolutely necessary or relevant, we may consider an exception (you can use only your name or your company name as anchor text/ no keywords will be allowed).
- Don’t make posts unnecessarily lengthy.
- Don’t write short posts. Anything below 500-words will be rejected without any discussion.
- Don’t write on topics that are vague, illegal, controversial or irrelevant to our readers.
- Don’t add affiliate links or material that is “promotional” or advertising in nature.
- Don’t write stuff that is defamatory.
How to Join us
Step 1: Send us a detailed mail at igeeksblogs at yahoo dot com or (through the contact form)
Step 2: Once we approve your account, paste your Google+ profile ID link in your iGB Profile section (this is mandatory).
Step 4: Once all these things are done, you are now ready to post. Go ahead and write your first post for the readers of iGeeksblog.
- The final decision of publishing a post rests with the site owner.
- Allow at least one week for us to process any of your queries and blog-posts.
- If there are any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Looking forward to a fruitful and valuable relationship through your posts. All the best!