There’s a ton of things that got changed in iOS 7. Photo Streams is one of the dormant features (in iOS 6) that got a feature makeover to support two very specific things that were missing.
Photo Stream in iOS 7 supports videos too and the whole ‘shared stream/album’ function is truly social this time. Not only can others like/share your album but also upload to the album their photos and videos.
Here’s a primer on sharing photos and videos to the iCloud photo stream in iOS 7 (iPhone and iPad).
One of the first things to remember is that the Photo Stream is treated more as an iCloud extension (which it truly is) rather than as some independent feature. This comes as an explanation of the way you create a shared photo stream via iCloud.
Let’s start with How to Share Photos and Videos Through Photo Stream in iOS 7 on your iDevice
- Go to the Photos app
- Tap on Edit and select the photos/videos you want to share. Alternatively, if you want to start with one photo, tap on the photo.
- Now tap on ‘Share’ button. This opens the share sheet.
- Now tap on the iCloud icon.
- You can now give some caption to the photo and select the Stream where the photo goes
- Tapping the ‘Stream’ also lets you create a ‘New Shared Stream’
- Tap the New Shared Stream to create a new stream. You can choose people you want to share the stream with, give it a name
- Enable ‘Subscribers can Post’ so people you’ve invited can post to the album
- Tap on ‘Post’
- Your photo stream gets created/populated with the photos you just shared
Check out more iOS 7 tutorials here.