Is your Macbook Pro a sloth? Or is it taking too much time to startup? Or is it losing its performance day by day? If yes, then welcome to the world of Mac. Every Mac loses its speed with time and becomes sluggish or gets sloth with time. Despite this fact, no Mac user wants to come across such issues and if encounters such situations, then wants some trick or tip to revamp the performance of his/her fancy Macbook Pro.
Below are methods to make Macbook Pro as speedy and fast as new:
- Restart Your Mac Often: If you have not restarted your Mac since long and keeping it on sleep mode, then its time to restart it. Restarting Mac flushes the old junk files that slow down its speed and you may find out a speedy machine after a quick restart.
- Clean The Desktop: If you have the desktop that is cluttered with so many files and folders, then you are calling speed deterioration in your Mac as it handles each and every file on desktop as separate window. Therefore, clear out all unnecessary items from the desktop by sending them to their appropriate folders. This will, for sure, speed up its response time.
- Clear out Unnecessary Login Items: Some downloaded applications automatically add themselves with startup or login items. Therefore, in order to speed up the processing of your machine, it is suggested to check the login items and remove all the unrequited ones. For this, go to ‘System Preferences >> Users and Groups’ and select the tab for ‘Login Items’ to see all the applications that open while startup. From this list, uncheck the ones that you do not want.
- Trim Your Hard Drive by Deleting Unnecessary Contents: Depending upon your usage, your hard drive gets cluttered with items. Nearly full hard drive, for sure, loses its performance; therefore, it is suggested to archive old items and clear out all unnecessary data to make some space for new files.
- Empty Browser Cache: You may feel performance issues while surfing the Internet. This, generally, occurs when the cache of your browser gets filled with browsing history. Therefore, emptying it can bring back its speed. In Safari, go to ‘Safari >> Empty Cache’ and if you are using Firefox, then go to ‘Firefox >> Preferences >> Advanced >> Network’ and click the button ‘Clear Now’. Moreover, if your browser is running for a long time, then quit and restart it to make surfing faster.
- Close Unused Applications: It is really very common to run too many applications at a time in your Macbook Pro, but do you need all of them at a time? Practically not; therefore, quitting all those applications that you do not need currently or stopping those running applications that you may need in future is recommended.
- Add RAM: Adding RAM is another efficient method for speeding up the data processing speed of your machine.
Aforementioned are some easy and effective methods for speeding up your machine and following them can speed up Mac and make it as spontaneous as new.