You know what I really don’t like about the Photo Album on iPhone? It’s the fact that Apple assumes all my clicked photos should go to the Camera roll. And that I shouldn’t be able to move the camera roll around. And that I can’t move pictures (not copy) from the camera roll album to others. And the list goes on.
Now, I did get used to all these limitations and started feeling okay with them but then sometimes, it gets to you. And that’s when you start looking for options.
Of course, like many people say, you need to jailbreak to get such things done. And that’s where it all starts. You need a jailbroken iPhone to move photos between albums and within albums! Yes, yes, I’m saying you can organize photos just the way you want (as opposed to Apple’s way of forcing you to be satisfied with the chronological order). PhotoAlbum+, a paid Cydia tweak, was in my line of sight for sometime but then Photo Organizer changed everything. That’s precisely what we’re going to be looking at.
Photo Organizer is a free Cydia tweak that you can get from the BigBoss repo. It’s a simple cool tweak which has absolutely no settings to configure. In fact, you won’t find it anywhere in Settings or springboard.
So what it does exactly is this:
- It allows you to move pictures from camera roll to other albums (tutorial follows)
- It lets you rename the camera roll album
- It lets you move the camera roll album
- And it doesn’t get in your way at all. There’s no change to your Photo app.
So how do you move pictures from the camera roll to another album with Photo Organizer?
Let’s install Photo Organizer first:
- Open Cydia
- Search for Photo Organizer and install it. (Click here to know how to install Cydia packages?)
- Now open the Photos app
- If you tap on “edit” in the album-view mode, you will see that you can move albums and rename the camera roll album to whatever you like.
- Open an album (camera roll) and tap and hold on a photo. You get the option of ‘Copy’ing it.
- Now open another album and tap anywhere and hold. You get the ‘Paste’ option. Just tap and it and you’re done!
Now to organize the photos (move them around)
- Open an album and tap on “Edit”
- Tap and hold on any photo and it will “pop out” of its grid. You can then move it to anywhere in the album!
Below video walks you through how to use Photo Organizer Cydia Tweak:
So simple and yet, so powerfully elegant. I am beginning to love Photo Organizer and if you’re looking for something like this, you’ve got your tweak!