Evasion team has addressed this issue specifically. If your Cydia (or any other app) screen becomes small like the one shown in the image below after Evasion Jailbreak, you’re most certainly affected with what’s called the small screen problem in Cydia.
Don’t worry though. There’s a way to fix this problem. You’ll just need to remove some tweaks that you installed (which may be incompatible, and thus causing the issue).
On the FAQ, the process has been described but let’s break it down to make it much more readable and usable. Here’s what you are going to do:
- Reboot the iPhone in Safe Mode
- Open Cydia and remove tweaksReboot iPhone to check if the Cydia small screen problem vanishes
- If not, reboot in Safe Mode again and remove tweaks. Repeat process till you get rid of the error.
But how do I get into the Safe Mode?
If you’ve got SBSettings, rebooting in Safe Mode should be pretty easy.
- In SBSettings, tap on the Power button
- From the options, choose Safe Mode
Your iPhone will now start in Safe Mode.
No problem. All you need to do is:
- Reboot your iPhone
- But press and hold the Volume up (+) button when you reboot.
This will put your iPhone in Safe Mode as it reboots.
After Safe Mode
So what next?
Once you’re in the Safe Mode boot, you will be shown a message. Just ignore that (press OK). Now, roll up your sleeves and let’s get to work:
- Open Cydia
- Go to Manage → Packages
- From the installed tweaks and apps, remove the ones that aren’t totally compatible with iOS 6.x. Refer to this document for compatibility. Note that if the tweak isn’t completely compatible, it’s better to remove the tweak.
- Queue it up for removal and do the same for all other tweaks that you suspect to be incompatible or causing the issue.
- Remove them all finally.
- Reboot your iPhone.
This time, reboot normally. No need to press the volume button now. Once your iPhone reboots completely, check Cydia and other apps which had been affected by the small screen problem. If things look good, you’ve fixed the problem. If not, repeat the whole process to remove more tweaks.
Note that this issue has been known to be caused mostly by tweaks so focus on that first.
If it helped, let others know too!
Thanks to Rushi Patel for asking this.