Viber is a great way to communicate that lets you save on your talktime while making use of the data. Viber continues to be one of the most popular platform for making VoIP calls (barring Skype).
Besides calls, Viber is also a great platform to exchange messages. You can send text messages, audio note and even video messages just like you can do on Whatsapp, the other solid competitor to Viber.
Viber, by default, stores pictures and videos sent via the app to the Photos app (Camera Roll). This is the default feature but there might be cases where you disable the thing via Viber → Settings. → Media → Save to Gallery.
When you install Viber, the system asks you if you want to give access (of Camera Roll) to Viber. If you canceled this, irrespective of what you choose at Save to Gallery in Viber Settings, the photos don’t get saved to Camera roll.
How to save video messages and other media files in Viber to the iPhone’s Camera Roll?
- Open Viber
- Tap on the More menu on the bottom
- Now, tap on Settings
- Tap on Media
- Switch ON Save to Gallery
So now Viber will try to save all media to the Gallery (Camera Roll). Now, there’s just one thing you have to clear out:
- Go to Settings (not Viber settings. Go to Settings app on the iPhone)
- Now, head over to Privacy
- Tap on Photos. You see the list of apps that access the Photos from the Camera roll and elsewhere. You should see Viber in this list. And if it’s turned OFF, this is what is preventing video messages being saved to Camera roll.
- Turn the switch next to Viber ON.
That’s it. Now, the videos and photos from Viber should get saved to the Camera Roll automatically.