Recent calls in the phone app reveal everything about the call history on your iPhone. It’s a powerful feature that lets you track all calls that you made, received or missed. The amount of information it holds is quite huge.
But, of course, sometimes, having a call history is going to get you into trouble. For those who need to erase call history – one or all – this is the complete guide you’re looking for.
We’ll be looking at:
- How to Erase a Single Call from the logs
- How to delete entire Call history
- How to back up call history
Dive right in.
1. How to Delete a Single Call from iPhone Call log:
- Open the phone app and tap on ‘Recents’
- Find the particular log that you want to remove and “swipe” horizontally on it.
- When the ‘Delete’ button shows up, tap that and the call log will be deleted.
- You can also tap on ‘Edit’ from the top
- Then tap the red-minus button on the left of the particular call log
- Hit delete and it’s gone!
2. How to Delete Entire Call History?
You can’t “undo” this.
- In the Recents, tap on “Edit”
- Now, tap on ‘Clear’
- Hit ‘Clear All Recent’ and all the data should be gone
Okay all that’s fine but how do you take backups of call logs?
Some of us want to have these backups for safety or for the numbers. To do this, the simplest way is to get into the file-system of your iPhone. There are plenty of options like iExplorer and some SSH clients but our choice would be iFunbox.com.
- Using iFunbox, you just have to access this folder in your iPhone: /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory
- Copy call_history.db to your backup location.
- If you want this history back, just paste this in the same location and voila! It’s back!