Expected shipping dates for iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c have hit October already but for those that have secured their iPhones, the hunt for the perfect case is on.
Since iPhone 5s is quite similar in shape to the iPhone 5, it is expected that most cases designed for the iPhone 5 should fit the iPhone 5s.
However, a couple of things to note: the LED flash is pill-shaped so any case or screen guard that was designed specifically for a circular LED flash might come in the way. Two: any case that covers the home button won’t do because of TouchID.
The big brands have already put up iPhone 5s case displays on the websites. It’s not hard to pick a quality case once you choose the brand – it’s only the cheap iPhone 5s cases where you’ll have to worry about the quality, mostly.
The Best Picks from All Types of iPhone 5s Cases:
1. Case-Mate Naked Tough iPhone
Case Mate’s Naked Tough series is a two-piece case with a bumper around the iPhone 5s. Comes with metallic buttons to offer a complete protection. It’s built for the iPhone 5 but the design fits the iPhone 5s perfectly, letting the flash have enough room and the TouchID home button easily accessible.
2. Barely There
Barely There comes with a ton of color options so this is one of those perfect replacements for Apple’s very own iPhone 5s leather cases. Barely There is very thin, standing up to its name.
3. Spigen Neo Hybrid
Spigen’s Neo Hybrid is one of the coolest bundles ever when it comes to iPhone cases. Designed for the iPhone 5, this case fits the iPhone 5s to and comes with five color options. It’s one of the most cost-effective highly-protective cases around.
4. Slim Armor S
Slim Armor S is a slimmer version of the already-slim armor case for the iPhone 5s. Spigen makes these out of high-grade materials like TPU. Buttons are protected well and the two-tone design can be quite attractive.
5. Incipio Feather
feather is one of the coolest iPhone 5s cases in the market. Available in fourteen colors, feather comes with an ultra-light framework (Plextonium) that makes it truly light-weight. Easy to wrap around and a great level of protection.
Watson is, at the moment, the best high-quality wallet/folio case that can fit your iPhone 5s perfectly. As with a folio case, you can have your credit cards and cash stashed away in the three slots provided.
7. Otterbox Defender Series
The strongest in the line-up, the Defender Series is designed for the iPhone 5 but with the home button being accessible, Otterbox makes sure that the Defender armor case is a perfect match for iPhone 5s too. If you’re a hitchhiker and you got your iPhone 5s, this is a must-have case.
8. Reflex Series
The Reflex is probably the most light-weight cases from Otterbox’s series. All it has is a screen protector and a polycarbonate outer layer. Perfect for anyone looking for the ultimate protection without the bulk that comes with it.
9. Otterbox Preserver: iPhone 5s Waterproof Case
One of the things that a lot of people are looking for is a waterproof iPhone 5s case where the TouchID functionality is not lost. Actually, under water, you can’t use the TouchID no matter what waterproof case you have on your iPhone 5s. But cases such as the Otterbox Preserver intend to make sure that you will be able to use the iPhone 5s / TouchID as soon as you are out of the water. All other functions are preserved and the protection is kickass.
Read more about Otterbox Preserver
10. Belkin Grip iPhone 5s Battery Case
A battery case solves two things: it offers a decent/good level of protection to your iPhone and it enhances the battery life. In most cases, the battery case is a 2000mAh affair, increasing the battery life of your iPhone by as much as twice or more. The “Grip” for iPhone 5/5s from Belkin is a top-end battery case built to protect your iPhone and double the battery backup.
11. CaseCrown Pathway iPhone 5s Wallet CaseOut of all the wallet cases that fit an iPhone5s, CaseCrown’s Pathway is probably the most aesthetically appealing one. It’s a very user-friendly wallet case: you can keep a few cards, some bills and papers and the iPhone is protected well. The magnetic snap-ons make sure the iPhone rests safely within the case. There are some very interesting color options to choose from.
Price: $20.00 ($14.12 on Amazon)
Buy CaseCrown Pathway from Amazon.com.
12. iPhone 5s Tough Xtreme Belt Clip from Case-MateCase-Mate’s Tough Xtreme case is a rugged, heavy-duty case for the iPhone 5s but it’s the opposite of bulk. It’s thin, light-weight and quite cool. The belt-clip is an add-on which lets you attach the Tough Xtreme case with itself to make a belt clip case. Other than Otterbox, this is probably the only belt clip case that comes with rugged, military-grade protection for your iPhone 5s.
Find more about Xtreme Belt Clip