If you’ve got a smartphone you’re most likely going to need a Bluetooth headset too. There are tons of iPhone 5/5s Bluetooth headsets out there in the market but there’s one thing that defines the cream of the crop from the rest: fidelity.
Audio quality that’s coupled with stuff like noise-cancellation and excellent signal reception is of paramount importance when you’re using these Bluetooth headsets.
It’s not like you can pick any headset and you’re good to go: the person on the other end of the line has to hear you loud and clear no matter what kind of an environment you’re in.
You can pick any twenty-dollars-or-cheaper Bluetooth headset from Amazon or eBay or even from a local shop but if you’re looking to make the best use of your iPhone 5/5s Bluetooth headset (without going through the problems of pairing, disconnects, noise and static), you’d better pick one of these:
1. Samsung HM1700
Sleek, neat and simplistic. The Samsung HM1700 is a popular iPhone 5/5s Bluetooth headset on Amazon and elsewhere. Okay, I know professional users would go for Bose or Jawbone or Plantronics but if you’re not going too deep into the market, this one would be your best choice.
Features of Samsung HM1700
- Echo Cancellation
- 9 hrs of talk-time (of course, expect less)
- 8 hours of music streaming
- 300 hours of standby
- Built-in voice prompts
2. Plantronics M50
Plantronics M50 is another favorite that has a decent – if not exceptional – performance. It’s a tiny, minimal and simple iPhone 5/5s Bluetooth headset which eliminates the need to worry about static or reception quality.
Plantronics M50 Features
- Ergonomic design
- Voice alerts and whispered status alerts
- 16 days of standby
3. Jabra EasygoJabra-’s set of Bluetooth headsets are often found on Apple’s retail web. It’s a given that they’re quite good to go with your iPhone 5/5s and the simplicity strikes at the design level. Not quite interestingly (but importantly, nevertheless), Jabra is one of the few headsets that you don’t feel the weight of. It’s light, designed to be sleek and works just fine.
Features at glance
- Voice guidance for battery status
- 6 hours talk-time
- 192 hours of standby
- echo cancellation through DSP
Click here for more information.
4. Bose Bluetooth Headset Series 2
Bose needs no introduction. Their headsets, priced over the board, are top-notch and if you’re looking for something that will last ridiculously long and offer nothing but the best, you’re looking at Bose’s Series 2 Bluetooth headsets.
Features of Bose Bluetooth Headset Series 2
- The best noise-cancellation in town
- Personalized right/left ear Bluetooth headsets for a perfect fit
5. Motorola HX550
Motorola HX550 is not your standard-issue iPhone 5/5s Bluetooth headset. Instead, it features a stunning and unique design and if you’re looks-conscious, this will mostly appeal. It’s known to have some really amazing reception and offers some really good features that other top brands do.
Motorola HX550 Features
- Extended range of up to 300 feet
- Unique design/style
- Voice prompts
- Dual mic
- Noise reduction
- 9 hours talktime
- 15 mins rapid charge for 4.5 hours of talk time
- 16 day standby
Buy Motorola HX550 at just $38.00 from Amazon.com.
6. Motorola Elite FlipMotorola Elite Flip is one of the coolest Bluetooth headsets we’ve seen in the market. It’s got some really impressive features up on the chart but it brings all of the true Motorola Bluetooth experience into its ecosystem. There’s the extended range reception, a HD voice quality, a true wideband audio etc.
Features of Motorola Elite Flip
- NFC (although not of use with iPhone 5)
- HD Audio Plus
- Dual-Mic CrystalTalk tech
- Extended Range and RapidConnect
Buy Elite Flip from Amazon.com to save more than $50.
7. Jawbone Era HeadsetsJawbone, with its ERA series of Bluetooth headsets brings something called Military-grade NoiseAssassin 3.0 which effectively removes every little noise around you and only lets in your voice. It’s impressive in its performance. There’s a lot of smart auto-adjustment going on while you’re on a call so that’s pretty slick.
Jawbone Era Headsets Features at Glance
- NoiseAssassin 3.0 to eliminate background noise
- HD quality audio
- Integrates with your device through MyTalk app
- Battery indicators built into the iPhone 5/5s
- Motion controls